• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Demo server

felixkat

We have a DEMO server at http://demo.fabrikar.com. This server has recently been built with Fabrik 3.x.

It is very much work in progress but the aim is to cover an example of all elements and some basic applications.

Please add your suggestions on what you would like to see. We can't promise to cover all examples but it's nice to get an idea of what people are looking for.

Thanks.

Yes that's a good example, I'll work on that this weekend.

There isn't a login available for the Demo server as it's to demonstrate the frontend. Previously there was access to the backend but as you can imagine there was a lot of abuse!

My intention is to provide screenshots of all demos to explain how they are put together. This will happen soon, I've just been quite bust the last few weeks. :)

First of all, thank you for putting this together felixkat! Fabrik's power is in its abstractness however that can turn people off as well. This demos are really helpful for seeing examples and getting ideas of different ways it can be used.

Can you add some examples of visualizations? In particular, I would like to see chart examples. Also, the tag module might be neat to showcase as well.

I would love to see a business directory like sobi2 created using fabrik 3. Then we could save it as a package and then improve on it as a community.

Features like:
- radius search
- google maps
- search.

cheers
Ed

Radius Search

Yes, a decent adress table with maps and radius search would be perfect. I had no luck with the radius-search plugin in 3.0 on Joomla 1.7. I think JavaScript editing is needed for this plugin.

would be nice to have some step by step guide to achieve what the demo server shows, or even better some demo package that could be downloaded and installed so we could see the mechanics behind it

As soon as we get Packages fully functional, that's the plan.

We're also putting together Team Wiki, being trail blazed by user rw1, and intend to make some dramatic improvements to the Wiki / Demo server docs. I think the plan is to link each demo to a Wiki article showing how it is set up.

And of course, we encourage anyone who wants to help to join in. I've pointed rw1 at this thread.

-- hugh

Hello Fabrik Team,

I would like to see an example of dynamic select fields, to be used to search and display content, like SEBLOD has.

woo hoo! that's exactly the solution i was looking for for a current issue. thanks very much! is there an accompanying 'how to set this up' or installable package? (i dont think packages are set up yet are they?) thanks!

Hi felixkat
from where did you pull the Swiss cities?
Very interesting selection ;D

A viewing example of a Cascading Dropdown (CCD) is now active.

http://demo.fabrikar.com/index.php/elements/cascading-dropdown

Nothing too pretty yet, just a basic example.

would you mind posting a screenshot of your cdd settings beneath the demo? a schema diagram would be really cool too! haha :)

i'm still trying to understand the relationship between all the parts, mainly:

Table: (this is the table that contains the values you want displayed)
Id: (is this the column values that will be displayed in the cdd?)
Label: (is this the corresponding labels that will be displayed in the cdd?)

Watch element: (should this be the same selection as 'Id'?)
Foreign key: (should this be the database join that contains the same values as defined in 'watch element'?)

Hello!

I struggle with the JUser plugin - so a demo of how to build a fabrik registration and login that is extendable to include additional fields and perhaps makes the most of some of the form plugins would be really useful!
Great work - both this demo and the original package!
Jim

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back