fileupload element error: filename not readable in list

panos

Hello,
when i upload a file, with the file name in greek language, the file name appeared in list, as just underscores.
if the filename is in english, everything is ok.

Plus the underscores are in mysql too, and i can write in greek at the field of file name, in db.

i have the same problem years now, with different editions of o.s. (ubuntu server), joomla, and fabrik.

Any ideas ?
thanks.

Well, we specifically 'clean' filenames for local storage, and replace all non 7 bit alphanumeric characters with an _. In other words, we don't allow UTF-8 strings. This is because we have no way of knowing if the underlying OS and file system allows anything other than simple 7 bit, and in the past allowing UTF-8 caused huge problems.

However, these days most OS's and file systems don't care, filenames are just multibyte strings, so I could add an option to override that behavior.

If you'd like to take out a paid sub for a month, I'll add it for you.

-- hugh

Thank you Hugh for your fast reply,
i'll finish my resent reading of fabrik, in case of one other question about, and after i'll paid the sub

Well, we specifically 'clean' filenames for local storage, and replace all non 7 bit alphanumeric characters with an _. In other words, we don't allow UTF-8 strings. This is because we have no way of knowing if the underlying OS and file system allows anything other than simple 7 bit, and in the past allowing UTF-8 caused huge problems.

However, these days most OS's and file systems don't care, filenames are just multibyte strings, so I could add an option to override that behavior.

-- hugh
............................................................................................................

Hello,
well, it's time to overcome that problem,
but i would like to ask two more things, if possible:

1. in a classic fabrik table, how can i have the column with the check box for edit, not at the end, but at the beginning of the table's columns ?

and

2. in the following picture upload_2018-3-22_13-11-7.png
you see a record in which, i can add multilpy records with 2 fields, the number 1 and the number 2. In this case the content of the field no2 (22-03-2018) should be align with the last record and the field no1 (???????????). Is there a way to make ??????????? and 22-03-2018 to be aligned ?

thanks

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-22_12-50-55.png
    upload_2018-3-22_12-50-55.png
    146.2 KB · Views: 11

-- hugh

Hello,
i have a Standard Subscription now, and i'm ready to accept your help, so i'm waiting your instructions.
thanx

-- hugh

well a have to post again:
Hello,
i have a Standard Subscription now, and i'm ready to accept your help, so i'm waiting your instructions.
thanx

panos, Apr 12, 2018

i have a Standard Subscription now
You are still listed with Level=Community, it seems there's an issue with your subscription.

List actions left: select Checkbox Location = Beginning in list settings (Links tab)

You are still listed with Level=Community, it seems there's an issue with your subscription.

List actions left: select Checkbox Location = Beginning in list settings (Links tab)

Thank you for the answer,
can you help me, about the utf-8 string names of files, that are uploaded in a table of fabrik ?

Can i do something about my subscription ?

Hmmm, it seems to be something to do with you having 9 different accounts with the same email, created between 2007 and now. The PayPal subscription code assumes that emails are unique in the users table, which they should be. So it probably errored out on the PayPal IPN handling of the sub. I have no idea how you managed to create 9 accounts with the same email.

You seem to be currently using the one with username 'panos', created in 2010 (as opposed to ilpanos, ikari1976, Z3RatuL zaras, panos21, Panos512, Panos123 or CreatingIsFun). If that's the one you want to stick with, I'll delete the others.

If you didn't create those other accounts, let me know.

-- hugh

Hmmm, it seems to be something to do with you having 9 different accounts with the same email, created between 2007 and now. The PayPal subscription code assumes that emails are unique in the users table, which they should be. So it probably errored out on the PayPal IPN handling of the sub. I have no idea how you managed to create 9 accounts with the same email.

You seem to be currently using the one with username 'panos', created in 2010 (as opposed to ilpanos, ikari1976, Z3RatuL zaras, panos21, Panos512, Panos123 or CreatingIsFun). If that's the one you want to stick with, I'll delete the others.

If you didn't create those other accounts, let me know.

-- hugh
yes keep panos and delete the others, for sure i didnt create all this accounts.

Strange. For example, the 'ilpanos' one was created a few days before the 'panos' one, with the same email.

OK, deleting them.

Anyway, do a full github update, and test the new "Clean filename" feature (set it to No and re-upload a file), let me know if it works for you.

If it's OK with you, I'll leave you in Community, rather then trying to manually fix the sub issue, which isn't trivial to do. I'll keep an eye on this thread in case you have problems with the new feature, I'll fix them. Once I've removed the bogus accounts, if you subscribe again, it'll work.

-- hugh

Strange. For example, the 'ilpanos' one was created a few days before the 'panos' one, with the same email.

OK, deleting them.

Anyway, do a full github update, and test the new "Clean filename" feature (set it to No and re-upload a file), let me know if it works for you.

If it's OK with you, I'll leave you in Community, rather then trying to manually fix the sub issue, which isn't trivial to do. I'll keep an eye on this thread in case you have problems with the new feature, I'll fix them. Once I've removed the bogus accounts, if you subscribe again, it'll work.

-- hugh
well i made a full github update,
put the No (as described in the line) and upload the file,
but still the same...
-After i followed all the changes, as described at the link of Wednesday at 7:42 PM msg
but nothing yet...

It's working partly:
The filename is not cleaned.
But a file
???????60h.jpg
is stored as
???????60h.jpg
(on Windows)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online