• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Joomla User Form Query

sunnyjey

I have a Fabrik Form, where I have added additional Joomla User Form Plugin to register Public during submission of a new form. I have added, mapped and sync all J! fields including Optional fields, as mentioned in the WIKI. This works great!

So when someone submits the form, the J! user is created and auto-logged into the account as expected. The user can EDIT his own listing and doesn't have to fill the J! Password field again.

BUT, when the same logged user tries to submit NEW form, the Fabrik do not allow user to submit the form unless PASSWORD field is entered. I guess, this is quite irritating for the User to enter PASSWORD at every time to create NEW form. I tried to change Access for Password field to the GUEST, but no use.

Any pointers please ! Thanks in advance.

Do you have a validation rule on the password field?

Is the juser plugin set to only run on "new"?

-- hugh

1. No. I dont have any validation of Password field

2. Yes. It is set to NEW

Still getting error. I guess, it looks like BUG. Pls check at your end.

Do you have "Joomla Password validation" enabled on the password element?

If so, then it's doing exactly what it should (and what you are asking it to do), applying J! password validation, and J! doesn't allow empty passwords.

Of course, if you turn that off, then we won't do J! password validation when the juser plugin runs, so juser will fail if their password doesn't meet J! rules.

The only other option would be to apply ACL's to that element so logged in users can't edit it (so set "add" permission to "Guest"). Of course, if you do sometimes want logged in users to set passwords when creating rows in that list, that won't work either. But if that's the case, I'm not sure what you expect the password validation to do ... we can't allow empty when creating an account.

-- hugh

Do you have "Joomla Password validation" enabled on the password element?

No.

I'm pretty sure, there is a bug in the current Joomla Form Plugin. If possible someone, please try to replicate this by:
1. Adding a Juser Form User Plugin
2. Then try to submit new Form, the Juser Plugin will not allow to add new Form whatever you keep Validation or Access to Elements / Groups / Form Plugin.

PS: Latest F! and J! Version

Last edited:
The user can EDIT his own listing and doesn't have to fill the J! Password field again. ... Yes. It is set to NEW
Not sure what you are trying to do:
If the jUser plugin is only running on NEW the user can't edit his Joomla creditals (he can edit the values in your Fabrik list but they won't get synced with the Joomla #__users table)
BUT, when the same logged user tries to submit NEW form, the Fabrik do not allow user to submit the form unless PASSWORD field is entered. I guess, this is quite irritating for the User to enter PASSWORD at every time to create NEW form. I tried to change Access for Password field to the GUEST, but no use.
What do you expect to happen? Creating a new record with a form with jUser plugin is creating a new Joomla user.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back