• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

File upload element uploading 0kb pdf files for the server!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnavarro

Hi,

I've the last Joomla and Fabrik versions also updated today through github .

Just noticed that all my file upload elements are uploading to my server pdf files with 0 bytes but is uploading correctly image files being the issue only for pdf extensions. This is happening with and without Ajax upload enabled! I've tried numerous different options on the element to better mitigate the issue but the problem persists!

Is this a known issue? Is someone else being affected by this?

Can anyone help me please? Thanks in advance!

Upload of PDFs is working fine on my site (normal upload and ajax upload).

Do you have pdf set as
Legal Extensions (File Types)
Legal MIME Types
in Media Options?

Also, do you have "PDF thumbnails" enabled? I was playing around with that last week trying to get it working again, and it's possible if that option is enabled, I may have broken it even more.

-- hugh

Even with "PDF thumbs" the file itself is uploaded correctly.
But I get a system message
upload_2018-9-14_19-43-57.png

Also, do you have "PDF thumbnails" enabled? I was playing around with that last week trying to get it working again, and it's possible if that option is enabled, I may have broken it even more.

With the option enabled or disabled always the same issue!

Your fileupload (if I got the correct element) is set to Device Capture = ImageFile/Camera.
Try with setting this to Off.

I don't know if this makes a difference, but also try with "Allowed File Types" without the "." (so jpg,pdf... not .jpg,.pdf...)

Where are you creating the filename?
Your element sets obscurify with length=15 but the only file I can see after I've tried to upload a pdf is much longer (and the filenames don't look very obscurified).

Your fileupload (if I got the correct element) is set to Device Capture = ImageFile/Camera.
Try with setting this to Off.

I don't know if this makes a difference, but also try with "Allowed File Types" without the "." (so jpg,pdf... not .jpg,.pdf...)

Tried both and nothing

Where are you creating the filename?
Your element sets obscurify with length=15 but the only file I can see after I've tried to upload a pdf is much longer (and the filenames don't look very obscurified).

I've a list php plugin to change the file name in the folder /arquivo/documentos_tratamentos... nevertheless I've already disabled this plugin and the result is the same

No idea.
Can you try with a totally new test list/form/fileupload element with all default?
To see if it's a general problem on your server or related to just this list/element.

If I need to install the Akeeba, we'll need to charge for the time. Let me know if you want to go ahead with that.

Hopefully this week we'll be announcing the changes to the way we provide support.

-- hugh

We're doing away with monthly "all you can eat" subscriptions. Subs have only been paying for about half of a very minimal salary for one person for a long time now. So we either had to massively increase sub costs (we've only raised prices twice, I think, in over 10 years), or move to a "pay as you go" system. I'll be posting an announcement / discussion thread about it soon. At the moment, I'm working on the tools we need to implement it as seamlessly as possible. We'll be honoring any existing subs, so folk who have paid in advance won't lose out.

In the mean time, we can invoice by hand for any custom / hands on work that needs doing.

-- hugh

BTW, I just noticed you are running with PHP 7.0.x. I strongly suggest you update to at least 7.1.x, although we should be good on 7.2.x (I've been running it on my dev boxes for several months, and committed various related fixes to github).

PHP 7.0.x is now end of lifed, no more security updates, and it has a number of known issues that hurt performance.

-- hugh

As you were a Pro subscriber for a long time, I went ahead and installed the new Akeeba (which turned into a major pain, as it seems the old install I had for you had gotten corrupted in a database failure I had a few months ago, and MySQL got it's knickers in a huge twist trying to re-install some of the tables). Once we get the billing stuff sorted out, we can talk about some payment. I just want to get this fixed for you.

First problem was that form was blowing up on load, with the query error, because the subquery in the WHERE clause on one of the joins was returning more than one row - I think because my 'fabrik' user isn't in the groups you are expecting. I added my user ID to the if() statement in that clause, seems to have fixed it.

So now I'm just waiting for PHP Storm to finish indexing the new project, so I can run some debugging on the PDF upload.

-- hugh

Last edited:
OK, it was to do with the changes I'd made trying to fix PDF thumbnail images.

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/439c1f415be0c543c124b4fffc3f749fef680c4a

I'm not entirely sure why I wasn't replicating this on my test setup, probably a specific combination of settings for thumbs, resize params, etc.

I've undone the change that was breaking it, and I'll have to go back and figure out a different way to approach how to figure out if the PDF should be thumbnailed or not.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back