• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Disable Signature Pad

teoyh

Hi wonder anyone can advice me how can i disable the signature pad once it is signed

thank you in advance , :)

I do not mean what's to happen after it's been signed.
I mean, how do you know when the user has finished his signature. You'll need to define an event as "user has finished signing" and, for obvious reasons, it will always be difficult or even impossible to "auto-detect" this.
Imagine:
- Some signatures are done quickly, others take longer.
- Some signatures are done in one go, others consist of multiple parts.
- Some users manage to get it done at once, others need multiple attempts.
So, you'll never know for sure when a signature is finished... unless you provide a button for the user to click when finished - but you have that already as "submit" button for the form... ;)

I do not mean what's to happen after it's been signed.
I mean, how do you know when the user has finished his signature. You'll need to define an event as "user has finished signing" and, for obvious reasons, it will always be difficult or even impossible to "auto-detect" this.
Imagine:
- Some signatures are done quickly, others take longer.
- Some signatures are done in one go, others consist of multiple parts.
- Some users manage to get it done at once, others need multiple attempts.
So, you'll never know for sure when a signature is finished... unless you provide a button for the user to click when finished - but you have that already as "submit" button for the form... ;)
Sorry may be i did not phrase my question clearly....
I mean after the user signed the signature and click the submit button. When the user return back to the record again by clicking edit, when that happen i wish to disable the signature field

Aaah ok... well, that's simple:
Edit the element, and under Access -> Form (edit) select an access level which the user is not part of.

If you want that no one is able to edit the element, create a new Joomla access level (name it e.g. "No One") and make sure that no user group is selected. Then pick this as access level for "Form (edit)" in the element.

Thank you for your reply but it will not work that way

The record is created by the system.

At the point the user sign the signature it is in edit mode.

Once the record is signed, the system will update the record where there is a column call issued and it will change from 0 to 1

In the javascript file , i check the value of the issued field if it is 1 then i want to disable the signature but now i can;t so i can only hide it

I am looking for a javascript to disable the signature pad

Hmm, maybe now we finally know what it's really about...
Next time please provide all facts, conditions and intended workflow and formulate your question in the first post so it's all clear from the very beginning. Thank you.

Anyway...

According to Wiki -> README.md in the plugin -> Github, you'll find the documentation at https://github.com/thread-pond/signature-pad/blob/master/documentation.md to give you guidance if you want to develop and use your own custom code for it.

However, if I were you (and based on how you described the goal in the end), I'd probably create a custom template for this form and, solely in PHP, check your "issued field" and, depending on its value, either display the digsig pad or just the signature as image.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back