• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Problems with settings for Stripe

mvdw310

Dear All,

Is there a workaround for the settings of a Stripe payment service.
I'm stuggling with this for a while.

I can't find why I can't make the payment thru Stripe.

I hope there some information for setting up this.

Grtz Manfred

What do you mean with "workaround"?

See the tooltips in the stripe form plugin for settings.

What do you mean with "workaround"?

See the tooltips in the stripe form plugin for settings.

I'm Try to make a payment option for our new site with Strike, but I can't get it working.

When I push the send button after filling the form I don't go to the Stripe Website.
Also the value at the and of the form is getting € 0,00 als result.

because of this I was curious if there is a workaround for this, so I can find out what I'm doing wrong.

Did you configure the stripe form plugin correctly?
Which exact Joomla and Fabrik versions are you running?
I think you must use a recent GitHub version, there have been some fixed since the last official Fabrik release 3.9.

What are your settings (screenshots)?

Last edited:
Did you configure the stripe form plugin correctly?
I hope so, but i don't know.
Which exact Joomla and Fabrik versions are you running?
Joomla version : 3.9.10
Fabrik version : 3.9 (including the Git update)
What are your settings (screenshots)?[/QUOTE]

Stripe%202.png

Stripe%203.png

Stripe%204.png

Stripe%205.png

Stripe%206.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Your customer data settings don't look right, unless that table really does have the J! user ID as the primary key?

What element types are the elements you have selected for item and cost?

I deleted the image you posted that contained your Stripe keys. I strongly suggest you regenerate a new key pair, and delete the ones you posted. If any malicious person saw those, they could own your Stripe account.

-- hugh

So if I understand right, you can only make a payment thru Stripe with Joomla registered users ?

Thanks for the tip to chance the keys.

I have finally found a problem, I have a calculated form field.
When a file in a static amount the plugin is started to work.
Is it possible to use a calculated price or only static price ?

I don't think a calc will work for that, as I think the Stripe code runs before the calc element code, although I'd have to do some testing to be sure.

But if you are calculating the cost, the best bet is to use the eval'ed cost option in the Stripe plugin, and do the calculation there. You have access to the $formModel->formData[] array with all the submitted data in it.

-- hugh

I don't think a calc will work for that, as I think the Stripe code runs before the calc element code, although I'd have to do some testing to be sure.

But if you are calculating the cost, the best bet is to use the eval'ed cost option in the Stripe plugin, and do the calculation there. You have access to the $formModel->formData[] array with all the submitted data in it.
-- hugh

Hmm then I have to search how that works haha, I was already glad that I got Fabrik to work how I want.

Below my calc element , is there someone who can point me in the right direction to use the $formModel code ?

$costs = (((int)'{aanmelden___ontbijt_raw}' * (int)'{aanmelden___personen}' + 2500) + (int)'{aanmelden___t_shirt_raw}') /100;
return ($costs) .' ';

Many thanks in front

Thanks Troester, i go read en try to understand, i'm quit new ad PHP so i hope i understand this information
If not i will return

After a half day trying, reading, trying, reading, i stil don't get it to work.
i think i'm doing something wrong, but i can't find what.

Below the code :

$ontbijt = $formModel->getElementData('aanmelden___ontbijt_raw');
$personen = $formModel->getElementData('aanmelden___personen');
$t_shirt = $formModel->getElementData('aanmelden___t_shirt_raw');

$total = ((($ontbijt * $personen) + $t_shirt + 2500) / 100);

$formModel->updateFormData("aanmelden___stripe", $total, true);

i hope someone will help en explain what i'm doing wrong.

grtz Manfred

I still trying to get the above code to work and find some problems
I have on this moment 2 problems.

1. the answer of the above is not placed in the Stripe app.
2. this calculation is done before a client has filed the form and not after he press the button to send the form.

with the code below added to the code i got the 25 answer, this is a part of the answer
Code:
echo "<pre>";print_r($total);exit;

I have set the stripe plugin
in - Frontend
On - New (on change is not working)

i hope someone can help

Where are you running this code, in the Stripe plugin (where exactly) or a php plugin?
I don't have a Stripe account but @cheesegrits said
the best bet is to use the eval'ed cost option in the Stripe plugin, and do the calculation there. You have access to the $formModel->formData[] array with all the submitted data in it.
So in the Stripe plugin, Price tab, Cost field (with Eval=YES) it should be something like

$ontbijt = $formModel->formData['aanmelden___ontbijt_raw'];
return (float)$total;

Where are you running this code, in the Stripe plugin (where exactly) or a php plugin?
I don't have a Stripe account but @cheesegrits said

I run this code in the Stripe plugin, Price tab, Cost field (with Eval=YES).

I have don the Above and now I get a response of the code in de Cost field, but no calculation is made on submit.

is there a way I can check the code,
I have tried the echo print option, but this is run before the app have to do something, so the answer of this piece of code is 25 (last piece of the calculation).

What I think is that de App doesn't update the strings after submitting the form.

Thnks al lot for all the help

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back