• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Email and Receipt form plugin doesn't send email [SOLVED]

tritongr

Hi

I tried the simplest possible senarios for both plugins without any code or placeholders.

The test email from J! server configuration (PHP Mail) is sent correctly to a xxx@gmail.com account.

J! and Fabrik are installed on a subdomain of a main domain. Can this be the problem?
Main domain site (J! no Fabrik): www.abc.com
Subdomain site (J! + Fabrik): xyz.abc.com
cPanel hosting.

Thanks

Let me correct something.

The problematic site is subdomain of an add-on domain, not of the main domain. So here it is the status:

Main domain: abc.com.
Add-on domain: def.com.
Subdomain site (J! + Fabrik): xyz.def.com.

The test message from Joomla Server configuration page, arrives to xxx@gmail.com on behalf of abc.com.
Mailer is PHP Mail. I didn't try SMTP.

As @troester said
Fabrik is using the Joomla settings.
As you said, Joomla emails as per your global configuration are generally working. You could further verify this by quickly setting up and testing with a Joomla contact form.

Means if that's all ok, the culprit is probably how you set up the Fabrik form plugins.

You could further verify this by quickly setting up and testing with a Joomla contact form.

Good point, thanks!
I tried a simple joomla build-in contact form and yes it did send the email from the frontend to a contact with gmail account.

Did you try to send from xyz.def.com configuration site?

Yes this is where I mentioned I tried the Send Test Mail.
But emal and receipt form plugins refuse to send any email after form submission. I tried theme individually.

Attachments

• Fabrik_ edit form.jpg
    Fabrik_ edit form.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 109
Assuming you did not add some conditions which stop the plugins:
Did you try with ONLY e.g. the email plugin? i.e. disable all other plugins (especially your php plugins)?
Did you try with an other (not gmail) email address?
Is your form submitting at all?

Assuming you did not add some conditions which stop the plugins:
Did you try with ONLY e.g. the email plugin? i.e. disable all other plugins (especially your php plugins)?
Did you try with an other (not gmail) email address?
Is your form submitting at all?

Thanks a lot! Problem solved after tracking it the way you point.
Disabling all and then one by one the plugins came out that redirect plugin was the issue.
In fact it was my fault because of this line: $mainframe->redirect('https://xyz.def.com/success');
Removed this line and moved the url to Jump page and now everything works fluently.

Thank you all again.

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back