• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

export in xls?

cap

hello, i am using now the export in csv. But i see it can be problkematic to conmvert it to a normal xls files. And this is a must for me as it is theonly way i have to manage data. So i ask if there is a way to export data to xls or some other workaround. Thanks

and seems like the exported csv from fabrik is not well done, i see datas like doubled, each field is repeated twice

in list settings, Publishing/Csv.
There's also an Excel-csv option.
You may have to play with the file coding ( because excel still has issues with just utf8)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Reactions: cap
You may have to play with the file coding ( because excel still has issues with just utf8)

I have set the EXCEL option but i still have a csv file, any idea?
A part this at least now the csv exported can be imported in a xls file almost correctly.I the "" was a problem) There is only the first row that has dropdown cells, with a label called COLUMNX, don't know why. Do you know what i shall exclude from export to do not have this?(but i think it depend on the import wizard in Excel)
Also, and very important, i can't get to export ONLY THE RESULTS coming from an applied filter. All records are exported

ok let me resume the thing
I was able to export only the filtered records. The problem is that when i do some editing in the backend, frontend don t reflect THE change. Don't know what to do about this, cleaning joomla cache will not help, i am new to joomla, suggestion for that? (i know is off topic..but..:))

Still trying to have the output file as Excel file, but even if the option EXCEL is enabled in the list/publish/csv option, i still have a csv file.Would apreciate to have a xls file as output, if possibile from there
Thanks

Last edited:
Yes, its not free, but I've relized in last years that all the good things should not always be free :) The time (money) I saved with this extension vs some other solution makes up the small fee several times.

it seems like this extension is not free, right?seems nice but i want something free!

Yes, its not free, but I've relized in last years that all the good things should not always be free :) The time (money) I saved with this extension vs some other solution makes up the small fee several times.
i know what you mean.,And i agree, but i still have some time to dedicate to work fo a free option! :)

hello @troester could you please tell me more about the possibility of export Excel and what coding shall i do?
thanks a lot

No problem :)! In this extension you can create export templates for Fabrik lists by adding a mysql query in template settings. So basically "SELECT * FROM myfabriktable" will export the whole myfabriktable. Of course you can use any query with join to other tables etc.

And then I created a button to that xls template in the list header. I have more advanced method, but adding a link in list Intro would do.

So if you can handle writing basic sql queries, this extension works well.

In addition to just exporting, you can customize exported file font style/size, background colors etc. and apply the styling e.g for just to heading. So it's really customizable.

PS. I didn't need it to consider Fabrik list filters. I used it just to export all the rows from a table. If you need it to export only filtered rows, it needs some investigation.

@juuser Sorry to open this old thread but seems a very good option and I would appreciate to know better about it.
Can you explain how u managed to integrate this extension in the fabrik lists?

Last edited:
You might also consider using Koolreport. The free version will output into xls for you. I use it quite a bit and pass various fabrik fields, filters etc into it. Then apply those filters to the sql to pull the data.

No problem :)! In this extension you can create export templates for Fabrik lists by adding a mysql query in template settings. So basically "SELECT * FROM myfabriktable" will export the whole myfabriktable. Of course you can use any query with join to other tables etc.

And then I created a button to that xls template in the list header. I have more advanced method, but adding a link in list Intro would do.

So if you can handle writing basic sql queries, this extension works well.

In addition to just exporting, you can customize exported file font style/size, background colors etc. and apply the styling e.g for just to heading. So it's really customizable.

PS. I didn't need it to consider Fabrik list filters. I used it just to export all the rows from a table. If you need it to export only filtered rows, it needs some investigation.

Sounds a fair and easy option to get the full rows from a table with a link to a predefined sql query on this component.
However did u already investigate the filtering? In other words is it possible to create sql queries on the fly to get only what u need rather than a static sql query?

I haven't investigated that, but I remember that at least there was a possibility to use url querystings. They have a very good documentation, so there might be some more hints.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back