• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

How can I add days to date in repeat group?

I have 3 elements:

first_date (date element) = fab_entregables_20_repeat___fecha_inicio
add_days (field element) = fab_entregables_20_repeat___plazo
final_date (field element) = fab_entregables_20_repeat___fecha_presentacion

I need this:

first_date + add_days = final_date

How can I do it in repeat group?

I will appreciate your help

I found this post about, but is not for repeat group:

function addDays(el) {
// get initial date from element
var initialDate = el.form.formElements.get('fab_entregables_20_repeat___fecha_inicio').getValue();
// get days to add from element
var days = el.form.formElements.get('fab_entregables_20_repeat___plazo').getValue();
// create new date object from initial date
var result = new Date(initialDate);
// add days to date
result.setDate(result.getDate() + days.toInt());
// set final date element to formatted result el.form.formElements.get('fab_entregables_20_repeat___fecha_presentacion').update(result.format('%Y-%m-%d %H:%i:%s;));

Thanks

Francisco Reyes

You'll need to add the "repeat num" of the element triggering the function to the other element names ...

Code:
function addDays(el) {
   // get the repeat num
   var repeatNum = el.getRepeatNum();
   // get initial date from element
   var initialDate = el.form.formElements.get('fab_entregables_20_repeat___fecha_inicio_' + repeatNum).getValue();
   // get days to add from element
   var days = el.form.formElements.get('fab_entregables_20_repeat___plazo_' + repeatNum).getValue();
   // create new date object from initial date
   var result = new Date(initialDate);
   // add days to date
   result.setDate(result.getDate() + days.toInt());
   // set final date element to formatted result
   el.form.formElements.get('fab_entregables_20_repeat___fecha_presentacion_' + repeatNum).update(
      result.format('%Y-%m-%d %H:%i:%s')
   );
}

-- hugh

Thanks for your help.

I put this code in each element (fab_entregables_20_repeat___fecha_inicio and fab_entregables_20_repeat___plazo) JavaScript plugin, but it iw not working. What is wrong?

upload_2018-4-11_6-38-17.png

Well, that just declares a function, it doesn't actually call the function. The post you found that code in almost certainly said the file ./components/com_fabrik/js/form_X.js (where X is the numeric form ID), put the function in there, then in the element Javascript code, call it like ...

Code:
addDays(this);

-- hugh

Hi Hugh & everyone.
I just tried to do the same using 2 jdate elements and I'm receiving some strange console errors, per attached snippet. If I have it update a regular field element instead, then no errors and the data appears. Will this work with jdate? If so, how?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Snippet - Console Errors.PNG
    Snippet - Console Errors.PNG
    18.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
The example has the wrong time format, it must be
result.format('%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S')

Another issue I'm having with the jdate element is that I can't get any of the JS events to trigger. I've tried "Change", "Select", "Click", etc. What event is triggered when a date is selected from the jdate pop-up calendar?
Thanks in advance.

blur and change are working on my site (at the moment when you left focus of the jdate element)

So, after some more testing, it appears that it only works when the jdate setting "Allow typing in field" is set to "Yes". I had mine set to "no" and non of the events work. This is a bummer, as I can see users mis-typing the correct date format.
Here's another strange thing I discovered, which is a big deal for me at the moment. So, if I set "Allow typing in field" to "Yes" then the date selected + the dropdown of additional days appears correctly in the 2nd jdate element, but when I submit the form then the 2nd jdate always saves as todays date and not the date shown ("Default to current date" and "Always return today's date" are both set to "No"). If I instead select a date from the 2nd jdate's popup calendar then submit the form, then the date matches the selected date. Attached is a snippet of the inline JS that I have in both the 1st jdate element and the dropdown (days) element. It doesn't look like I made a mistake. Could this be a bug in the jdate element?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Snippet - Inline JS.PNG
    Snippet - Inline JS.PNG
    35 KB · Views: 91
Could this be a bug in the jdate element?
I think so.
I got it saving the date if
allow typing= yes
+ clicking into the date field after the new date has been inserted

but this is no way to do it.

I can confirm the "bug". Have run into the same issue a while ago. Don't remember exactly, but I probably used some workaround to solve my case.

I think so.
I got it saving the date if
allow typing= yes
+ clicking into the date field after the new date has been inserted

but this is no way to do it.

Ya, I’m working on a work around now. I’ve unpublished the days dropdown and I’m trying to figure out how to setup a validation on the 2nd jdate where it must always be greater or = to the 1st jdate + 3 days (my previous dropdown started at 3 days). Should I use the greaterorlessthan validation plugin on the 2nd jdate? If so, how do I do greater or = to the 1st jdate + 3 days?
Thanks in advance.

You would probably need to use php validation for that, something like:

Code:
$first_date_temp = JRequest::getVar('mytable___first_date');
$first_date = date("Y-m-d", strtotime($first_date_temp)); 
$second_date = date("Y-m-d", strtotime($data. " + 3 days"));
return  $second_date > $first_date ;

P.S. this exact code not tested.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online