fabrik deactivated at JED

thank you @lousyfool for your fast reply but that post send in Jan 2021 . how much time need for resubmit an extension in JED? 9 month?
I will not quote the same again, but what about it is unclear?
No resubmission to JED done yet = obviously no solution yet.
The message not updated yet = no change yet.

And sure no one will make any statement, let alone even a promise, as to "when".
As I said before, JED isn't perfect either, and nothing must depend on it, or?

However, I do agree with @juuser that it'd be "nice to have" as it may bring new users.

"... making changes to the core of Joomla on installation ..." = according to the devs: not changing core J! files, only adding files to J! core folders. Necessary for them to work, but as per OSM violating the JED policy.

That's all, folks.

Hello to all
I am only a very modest developer of a website for an association, but Fabrik is everywhere in my site and if I had to give it up, I will have nights to spend behind my screen ....
I really hope that this magnificent tool will last and even if there is no rush to use J4, we need more certainty from Fabrik to be reassured.
Personally, if I have to abandon Fabrik, I will seriously ask myself the question of abandoning Joomla because if I have to redo, I might as well use a more stable tool like Wordpress or drupal.
I don't see what interest the Joumla community to reject Fabrik in this way.
Regards
PS: Excuse my bad English ....

Hi
Hello to all
I am only a very modest developer of a website for an association, but Fabrik is everywhere in my site and if I had to give it up, I will have nights to spend behind my screen ....
I really hope that this magnificent tool will last and even if there is no rush to use J4, we need more certainty from Fabrik to be reassured.
Personally, if I have to abandon Fabrik, I will seriously ask myself the question of abandoning Joomla because if I have to redo, I might as well use a more stable tool like Wordpress or drupal.
I don't see what interest the Joumla community to reject Fabrik in this way.
Regards
PS: Excuse my bad English ....

Hi all,

I'm also in a similar position; I volunteer for a charity to develop their website. Fabrik is incredible and has helped this charity immensely. The charity is asking me to continue developing tools for them; but I don't see how I can do this unless Fabrik is going to become available on Joomla 4 and beyond.

I've read the various statements which were reassuring at the time, but a significant amount of time has passed without any sign of this issue being resolved.

Please can somebody offer an update on how things are going and whether or not Fabrik is going to be compatible with Joomla 4.

Thanks again for a wonderful component.

Paul Hughes

Hello,
And a surprise with Fabrik ....
My site was in PHP 7.4.
During a backup, Akeeba Backup informs me that it is necessary to evolve with PHP 8.0 because soon PHP 7.4 will no longer be maintained.
So I migrate from 7.4 to 8.0 and then, disaster, my Fabrik forms apparently crash (but I haven't explored the problem) when I use variables like {$ my-> username) in a PHP plugins of the form.
Fortunately, my host Gandi downgraded my site to 7.4 and everything is working fine again.
By checking with Fabrik, they indeed announce PHP 7.4 and not 8.0 .... So even the evolutions of PHP are no longer followed .... Well, I remain optimistic .....
PS: excuse my bad english

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back