Recent content by m6xmed5

1. M

Can this be done with fabrik...?

Thanks for the pointers Hugh, I did some reading yesterday, you are correct there is no simple API call for it. After looking at the Joomla docs I think this might be beyond my ability, doesn't mean I'm not going to have a pop at it though :)
  2. M

I get what you mean. I need to look at the joomla docs for adding new user groups. Is there any way to have the user plugin as multiselect or do I have to use repeating groups?
  3. M

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is any way the fabrik can be used to allow front end users to create joomla user groups on the same permission level they are already on? The reason I want to do this is because I have another plugin that allows users to collaborate on projects, but the...
  4. M

lockrow - what is is it?

It's an element plugin. 'Allows automatic locking of a row when a user is editing.' that's the descriptionthat shows when you select it.
  5. M

Recipe: How to use nested sets (i.e. hierarchical data) in Fabrik

Hi Alistair, This post is excellent, I'm looking to implement this structure to a database for a project I'm working on. I'm having trouble with one of the instructions in the post... In particular, the part at the end. Do you mean click on 'Select Group' under the element filter? If yes, my...
  6. M

List styling and ordering with on the fly calc

Yup this works, thank you thats another one I owe you. I removed the comma after 'AS stock_level' because it was throwing a syntax error with it in. Marc
  7. M

Thanks Hugh, I had been toying with this... SELECT stock_levels.id, stock_levels.part_number, stock_levels.minimum_stock, stock_levels.maximum_stock, COUNT(automatic_transmission_jobs.id) AS in_stock, 'in_stock' - maximum_stock AS levels FROM stock_levels LEFT OUTER JOIN...
  8. M

Ajax popup link not working for database join element in list view.

Thanks hugh, will do hope you had a good holiday.
  9. M

How to move a list (with forms et.al) to a different site

Did you check all the database entries for fabrik? Not just the ones you transferred. I had similar issues moving a development site to a host server. All my issues were in the database.
  10. M

I'm kind of stuck with this again, I finally got a working query to return the results I wanted then MySQL responded with a swift kick up the backside. I can't have a sub-query after FROM in a create or replace view query. Here's what I have... CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW in_stock_levels AS SELECT...
  11. M

I just realized that what I want to do with the pre-filter cant be done, because the filter value one value for the entire column and not different for each row. So instead I need to add another column to the view to give me 'in_stock' - 'maximum_stock' and pre-filter that column < 0. Just need...
  12. M

Thanks Hugh, That did the trick. I have another question about prefilters. I'm not sure if its not working because its a view or because my prefilter is wrong but... '(elements) in stock -- (condition) less than -- (value) {$q->maximum_stock} -- (type) eval -- (access) public' returns no...
  13. M

I'm having a lot of trouble converting my query from the magic of fabrik into raw mysql. Could you give any pointers? Here's where I'm at so far... SELECT stock_levels.id AS id, stock_levels.part_number AS part_number, stock_levels.minimum_stock AS minimum_stock, stock_levels.maximum_stock...
  14. M

That didn't even cross my mind, good idea! So I would use the table I have with 'part_number' and 'stock_maximum' only then export the list I have currently as a content type Then create a mysql view and use the content type with a connection to the mysql view as a database table for the list...
  15. M

Hi guys, stuck with this one... I have a simple stock list with 3 elements 'part_number' (eval populated field) 'maximum_stock' (field) and 'units_in stock' (calc) The units_in_stock calc is calculated on the fly based on values in another table. Here is my working calc code... $db =...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back