Recent content by TonyBenedetti

1. TonyBenedetti

Get table name & form name from common code invoked by form_XX.js

Thanks again, Hugh! You're my hero! You have given me extraordinary support even though I am just a "hobbyist programmer" who is developing a website that likely will have only one user -- me! I encourage you to ignore my postings unless you think that answering will aid those folks who have...
  2. TonyBenedetti

If I had thought it through I would have realized that what I really needed is simply the "form number" and not "form name". Even my limited JS skills include the ability to concatenate 'form_' to 23 to come up with 'form_23'. I am such a dimwit! Given that -- is there a way to get that pesky...
  3. TonyBenedetti

I've already learned from Hugh over in another thread how to load that common code. Thanks again, Hugh. But I would like my form_XX.js files to be as "skinny" as possible so that I can use a crop of functions in a single "common.js" file. I have several similar forms (with the possibility of...
  4. TonyBenedetti

Using common Javascript code in several form_xx.js files

Thanks startpoint ! Thanks Hugh !! I used Hugh's suggestion and it works a treat. Now I just need to write some Fabric elements to use those 60+ functions so that I can convert dates from the Julian calendar to the Hebrew calendar or to the French Revolutionary calendar or, or, or. Who said...
  5. TonyBenedetti

Super! Thanks! I'll give it a crack later today and post my results here. I'm sure that it works but I'm unsure nowadays about my ability to follow simple directions. Thanks, Tony
  6. TonyBenedetti

I'd like to use a chunk of public domain code in several form_xx.js files. But if possible I'd like to have only 1 copy of the js to avoid maintaining it several times over. It is a rather elaborate set of 60+ functions that converts dates expressed in one calendar system to another (Gregorian...
  7. TonyBenedetti

Fabric 3.8 element Javascript problem

Hope the JA folks are helpful. Not a big deal for me -- remember I'm just a "hobbyist programmer". Good luck and thanks.
  8. TonyBenedetti

Fabric 3.8 element Javascript problem

Looks like the Purity III template might have the same problem as described in the "fabric 3.8 element javascript problem" thread over in the Standard Support forum. The inline Javascript doesn't fire if the radio button is a button group. I started out with a call to my form_##.js and...
  9. TonyBenedetti

form_X.js

Ahhh ... the good old days
  10. TonyBenedetti

form_X.js

Ah, things were so much simpler when I was coding IBM System/360 Basic Assembler Language back in the 1960s. You would code, then assemble, then link modules together to produce an executable program. Then watch your program go up in smoke, the spend some hours debugging, then race to a...
  11. TonyBenedetti

form_X.js

Super! Slick! Simple! I love simple because I am simple! And THANKS for the explanation of the require.js code. If only the explanations I found on Web had been as clear as yours. But then again, I have been accused of explaining how to build a watch when asked "What time is it?"
  12. TonyBenedetti

form_X.js

I'm a bit confused about how to arrange the code in my form_23.js file. I would like to move the JS from each of the "on" events into the external file. My confusion stems from: Why do examples in the forum use:requirejs(['fab/fabrik'], function() { but the wiki shows "Fabrik" as a...
  13. TonyBenedetti

setLabel

Thanks once again, Hugh! Yours is, as always, sage advice. Others listening in on this thread would be well advised to take heed. But, unfortunately, most of the time I'm working "blind" -- using Chrome on an Android tablet. Only when I used the deskside Windows machine at home over the...
  14. TonyBenedetti

setLabel

Well, it turns out it was a Real Dumb Blunder ... but I now have things working! I had an error in some JS in an "on load" elsewhere -- same form, different tabbed group -- and out of sight, out of mind! Apparently, that error stopped any/all JS on the form from running. Now back to making...
  15. TonyBenedetti

setLabel

Looks like I've dug a pretty deep hole for myself with the altered default.php. It appears that the "on click" JS isn't invoked at all. I replaced the code with the simple single line "window.alert ('yikes');" -- no go! Must be something in the way I implemented Hugh's suggested "don't tab...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back