• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Recent content by trb

1. T

How to apply validation class?

Hi Lousyfool, Thanks. I making an ajax call to a function which checks several conditions and returns a success or an error message. If error, I reset certain elements accordingly as shown below. In this case it is a radio button element. When I reset an element, I would like to highlight it...
  2. T

How to apply validation class?

Hi - I have 3 fields on my form which are related. All three are "watched" by a fourth element which determines the options presented in this fourth elements dropdown menu. If a validation error occurs on my first element (for example, the user leaves it blank, or in my case fills it in but...
  3. T

Map value to text string in list view

Hi - I have a form that collects values 1, 2, 3, etc In the list associated with this form, I would like to display text strings instead of these numeric values. For example if the form field holds value 1, I would like to display "Monday" instead of 1, etc What is the best way to accomplish...
  4. T

Repeat Group Navigation

Thanks troester and juuser ... I will give it a try.
  5. T

Repeat Group Navigation

I have a form with a repeat group which has many elements in a single column layout, so the group is somewhat long. I need to keep the single column layout. My application consists of users who often create several ( 5 or 6) repeat groups and fill out many fields before submitting the form...
  6. T

How to check validation return status when form is submitted

Hi juuser, I'm doing a lot in the form_xx,js... it probably could be done using php form plugins also but probably more maintainable in a single file. I am detecting form errors on submit using a php form plugin and clearing the cart if there are any errors which works well. Thanks...
  7. T

Hi Troester, Thanks... I'm adding to the cart from form_xx.js so when the form is submitted it is running that code even if the form fails validation so I was looking for a way to listen for some kind of "form validation passed" event (???) and run my add to cart code from within that...
  8. T

Hi Deant, Thanks. I am using the validation feature within each element and have them set to "notempty". I did not realize that your suggested solution required to create validation checks for each field in the form_xx.js. Also ajax validation is not a good solution in my situation as I...
  9. T

I'm still struggling with being able to detect a validation error when the form is submitted so that I can only run my code, which adds products from the form to the shopping cart, if there are no validation errors. I've tried Deant's approach above but it doesn't seem to work for me??? Here...
  10. T

Thanks Deant - I will give it a try.
  11. T

Hi, I have a large form with several repeat groups. I collect product information on the form, and add the products to a virtuemart shopping cart upon submitting the form. I use form_xx.js to collect the products which were submitted on the form and add them to the Virtuemart cart. My problem...
  12. T

Birthdate element issue in repeat groups [bug]

Hi - is there any official way to report this bug and hopefully get it resolved? It's easily and 100% reproducible and I'm sure if the right developer were to look at it, it could get fixed.
  13. T

Thanks for confirming you also see the issue Troester. For now, I have changed my code to use the name attribute which updates correctly in the repeat groups.
  14. T

I've tried reverting the dropdown order back to its original Day/Month/Year with the same result. I've tried disabling the javascript calculation and also tried using the Beez template but still get the same behavior. I also tried this on a simpler form on another joomla installation running...
  15. T

Thanks for checking. I just checked and it appears correctly in the backend.... not sure what that tells me??? For settings I have: List generation method: since years Number of years/ start year: 2008 Years forward/backward: -4 I have user javascript on the element which calls an age...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back