Error 500 - secret code in config.php

Amema

Hi!

I've used Fabrik for simple things before, but now I get this weird error when creating a pretty simple and straightforward list: "You must supply a secret code in your Joomla configuration php file".

I use AskMyAdmin for backend security, and Securitycheck for hack attempts. Could be a conflict there. And if so... what secret code?

I use Fabrik 3.0.8 on a J2.5 site.

Disabled securitycheck, to no avail. Found the line $secret=' ' in the config file. Also found something about the code in another thread here, saying that the secret code line was emptied by the Joomla update to 2.5.9 and that one should get the code from previous backup. So I found an old config file with secret code and added it. This led the whole site to screetch to a 403 halt, so I will look for a solution in the joomla forum instead.

Iv'e gone full circle with this.

As I couldn't find any info about this error and nobody would answer this, I simply left. Searched around and found some other solutions, but finally it would seem that Fabrik would be the best solution after all.

I made a new effort on a test site (a copy of the main site) and started using it for time reports for my new job, for which I'd need something like Fabrik. Getting the test site to work as it should, I made the same thing on my main site but get an error 500 about a secret code. I kind of recognized this and finally found this - my own post from last fall... and nobody has responded to it yet.

So - is there anybody interested in this topic, or should I stick with the second best solution I found at another developer?

I never heard of any problem with this.
I've done a lot of Joomla installations and $secret is always set in configuration.php.
The error is thrown if your $secret is empty, so make sure to have a correct Joomla installation.

We use the J! $secret as the salt for encrypting data, which is exactly what it is intended to be used for. If your $secret is empty, that's a configuration problem on your end.

I'm sympathetic to your problem, but there really is nothing we can do about this. It's a Joomla / configuration issue, not a Fabrik issue.

-- hugh

I use AskMyAdmin for backend security, and Securitycheck for hack attempts. Could be a conflict there. And if so... what secret code?

Have you tried disabling the above products? This would at least allow you to identify the conflict and then maybe try on their forums.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back