Is Fabrik working with Kunena 3.0 yet?

Boradan

Just about to set up a website for an online gaming community and am planning on using Joomla 3.2
One of the MUST HAVE's for the site is an application form (with about 12-15 fields) which automatically posts into the 'Application' section of the forum on behalf of the person filling out the form - the person applying would need to be registered on the site in order to see the form.

What I want to know is:

1. Is fabrik now able to work with Kunena 3.0.4 on Joomla 3.2.2? (I have noticed a lot of people having issues with fabrik > Kunena)

2. On the screenshot of the Kunena plugin for Fabrik, it simply shows a single box for 'Content' - am I misuderstanding this completely, or does it not take the data from the form to use as content?

Thanks for any pointers/assistance

Andy

I believe the plugin should be able to do what you are trying to achieve. I haven't tried the plugin recently though, it's a matter of trying and see and reporting any problems if it's not working. :)

If there are any confirmed problems then they should link to a Github issue.

I think the "Content" is a template which expects placeholders. Like ...

Name: {yourtable___name}
Description: {yourtable___description}

... or whatever you need to format your post as. Could be just a single placeholder, like {yourtable___text}.

And yes, we recently re-wrote that plugin to work with the new Kunena 3.x API.

As for the plugin execution issue which has caused us problems over the years. As of (I think) J! 3.2, the issue we were having to work round in J!, which caused the conflict with Kunena, is resolved. For J! < 3.2, you'll have to make sure our system plugin runs before the Kunena one, by editing your #_extensions table and manually setting the 'ordering' for the "Fabrik - System" plugin to -1.

-- hugh

I just tested this plugin and almost everything worked. The only issue I found was that the "author" in Kunena shows the "title" from the Fabrik plugin.

Another feature this plugin should probably have is the ability to link to the forum entry from the Fabrik detail or list view and from Kunena to the Detail View, similar to how Kunena Discuss works for Joomla articles. Maybe this could work through some sort of placeholder...

Thanks for this plugin, it adds some cool functionality to Kunena and allows for a more dynamic way to display forum data.

Oh, I see why the author is getting set wrong ...

I've committed this fix:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/3bebb3c6cf323d2375229616a0f37a3cdbf6b069

... which just sets the name to the currently logged on J! username.

Re linking between Fabrik forms and Kunena posts, this would probably be possible, but as neither Rob nor I actually use Kunena, and there's a list a mile long of "it would be nice if ..." improvements for Fabrik, it's unlikely unless someone commissions us to do it.
-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back