• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

SQL error on update in repeating groups

JohnKornacki

Hi,

I'm getting the error shown in the attachment when I try to update (edit) a record in a repeating group.
Adding and deleting records works fine. All other tables (no repeating groups) work fine.

Can anyone help?

John

Attachments

• Update Error.jpg
    Update Error.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 303
I just checked and all Fabrik items are published. I'll try to discover again in case some are hiding.
Could access rights have something to do with it?

Still getting this error. Built another list with a repeating group and the same error comes up on edit. Adding new records works fine.
It may be something silly I'm doing or not doing but I can't find it.

I'd be quite happy to pay someone to take a look at this and resolve it.

John

I think what Troester meant is the published state of your elements, i.e the existing elements in your form. Sometimes you can accidently click unpublish on an element instead of Show in list.

Ignore the red box in the image below, just check all the elements under the published section are enabled.

ListView-Settings-2.png

Thank you.
I did check that more times than I care to remember and unless there is a hidden element somewhere, I'm pretty sure they are all published. You can see the all the elements in the form containing the repeating group in the attachment.

I created a second list with a repeating group and have the same error on update so at least I'm consistent.

I'm not a programmer and not able to diagnose this myself so I'd be happy to pay someone with those skills to identify any errors I may have made.

John

Attachments

• re.jpg
    re.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 253
I'm pretty sure it's a bug - and I touched on it in this post... http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/weird-bug-with-radio-button-and-repeat-groups.38284/
(Yours sounds like the 'other bug' I mention. Sorry for the longevity in that post, but there was a lot going on there to explain)

Even though it may show as 'show in list' in the element list itself - open the element for editing and look at list view status - I'll bet it still does not show 'show in list'. You'll need to change it there - the same 'issue' exists with some of the other items that you can change in the element list without opening the element edit form itself. I'm not sure when this issue was introduced but sure hope it gets fixed soon.

Are you sure the elements in post #7 are belonging to the list from post #1?
The element labels don't match the list headings (which could be correct if you've modified the list headers in element's list view settings).

Thank you Bauer. You have restored my sanity. Unfortunately, I don't have the knowledge and ability to traverse to the levels that you do.

Troester, thank you for your interest. No, the two are from different lists that behave in the same way. Yesterday. I created a third one and the result is the same. I can add and delete repeating group records but an update results in the same SQL error.
I should mention that I had a Pro subscription soon after Fabrik for Joomla 3 came out. Got a long way into a project and was also stymied by repeating groups but at that time it was output formatting. Couldn't resolve it and hired a developer to continue the project.
Now, my son ( a personal trainer) asked me to build him a simple client tracking app. I thought with Joomla and Fabrik, that should take a day or so. And it did - except it doesn't work.
So now I just use it to prototype the database and some screens, live with the bugs and put in notes on haw it will work when a real developer gets done with it.

I am getting the same SQL error when updating data within repeat groups. The WHERE clause is blank...
Can I get some help on it ?

I think 2 "intern id"s are ok here: the 2nd one is the PK of the repeat group table.

rpiza: you are running Fabrik3.1 on Joomla2.5?
This is a special combination.
But even with this I can't replicate the error.

Which exact Joomla and Fabrik versions?
You should update Joomla to 2.5.20 and update Fabrik from GitHub (jjomla3 branch).
Make sure all id elements are published and editable.

I did the update but the error still persists...

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 SQL=UPDATE `r_curric_24_repeat` SET `id`='1',`x_idioma`='ingles',`parent_id`='8',`x_nivel`='B' WHERE

WHERE clause is blank... any other tips? I really need the repeatable group.

Thank you.

Is this in frontend and/or backend? Same for Public/Superadmin?
With every browser?
Can you see JS errors?

Frontend, same for public/superuser, all browsers, no js errors.

Form is working fine without the repeat group, then I create the repeat, it automatically creates the necessary tables/dependencies, I insert a new record its ok, problem is updating the record.

Im back from hollidays and the error still persists.
It happens in frontend and backend too, so its not a template error.
Where can I find the code for updating a record inside repeating group? I guess the error is there...
Thank you

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back