• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Joined Lists - prevent delete, and initially hide group

darkroast

Two questions related to joined lists. First, the scenario:

This is a Customer Service (CS) tracking application. We get calls about issues with products. I've determined that a "case" is related to one customer, with one issue with one product. For instance, I have a problem with my TV. I call; the first time my call is taken, a case is opened related to that TV. The CS agent takes all the information, determines the solution, and takes the appropriate action, for instance setting up a service call by a technician.

Let's say that the tech comes out, and fixes the TV, but it fails again. Or, maybe the tech doesn't show up. So I call a second time. The CS department wants to capture the information about this second call as a "followup" related to this case. Each time I call regarding that same TV, the CS department wants to capture it as a followup to the original case. I'm doing these with a repeating joined "call" table.

I have everything working the way I want to - I have a case table and a joined call table, and it works perfectly. I can create a case, and I can add as many additional calls as needed to handle the case.

But, here are the questions that would make this a lot slicker:

1. Is it possible to limit the ability to delete previously entered call entries to a SuperUser (or any other user group)? The CS department doesn't want someone deleting a record of a call, but of course, they want the ability to add new calls to be recorded. On the repeating group I get both the "plus" for add and the "minus" for delete. How can I get rid of the delete function (or at least the button)?

2. Is it possible to hide the group in which the joined data - the call info - is displayed, for the first call? What I envision is a hidden group, but with a button where on subsequent calls the agent can click, open the list of previous calls, and enter his own comments. What would be really nice is if for second and following calls, the case opens with the entire history available as well as an area for the comments related to this call.

Still looking for a way to initially hide a joined list group, but automatically have it displayed for new edits.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back