• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

errors

prophoto

Need help with errors keep popping up when editing records. Updated from git today. Open my 'lis' site go to guide list view, randomly pick a few records to edit. Doesn't happen in all of them. For example it is happening on #119 but not on #6.

Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML(): EntityRef: expecting ';' in Entity, line: 1 in /components/com_fabrik/models/element.php on line 596

I've tried about half a dozen, including 119, can't get it to error out. Can you confirm that guide/form/2/119-chicano-federation.html should be producing the error?

-- hugh

I guess I wasn't clear enough, sorry. As soon as I logged in I get errors on the guide list view. Also when saving (after previous page is loaded) some entries there is no error, on others there are.

Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML(): EntityRef: expecting ';' in Entity, line: 1 in /components/com_fabrik/models/element.php on line 596

Ok that seems to have fixed it. Same site I am getting "0 Invalid event handler" on cb profile page with a few fabrik tabs. Can you take a look?

Can you point me at the exact URL I can see this error on? I just spent 10 minutes poking around your lis site, I can't find anywhere that throws that error.

It really helps if you can give very specific instructions on how to reproduce a given issue, saves a lot of time for everyone.

-- hugh

I need to put some debug code in the CB plugin, but the ftp details I have for you don't work.

Can you either correct the ftp details in MySites, or install exTplorer on the site.

-- hugh

Doesn't work like that. I have no idea what the problem is (I've never seen that error before), so I'll have to start putting in line by line breaks till I find where it's blowing up.

I just tried logging it to ftp again with the credentials we have for you, still doesn't work. And exTplorer isn't installed. So instead of wasting time for both of us getting pissy at me, can you just give me the access I need to fix it?

-- hugh

I just tried logging it to ftp again with the credentials we have for you, still doesn't work. And exTplorer isn't installed. So instead of wasting time for both of us getting pissy at me, can you just give me the access I need to fix it?

-- hugh
I sent my last message in the middle of the night while trying to move this along faster. Over the last week I received ZERO responses to my two threads and to add insult to injury I got an email saying my sub is expiring. Way to waste a whole week on me. Is that the new biz model to get more $? Do you blame me for getting upset when I paid for next day support?

FTP has been updated.

I totally understand your frustration. That's why I was up at 4am last night trying to help you, but I couldn't ebcause for reasons I don't understand you chose not to fix the ftp access I asked for, which frustrates me, and introduces yet more delays, and now I'm up at 4am again trying to get this done.

Looking at your site now.

-- hugh

Just FYI, I've been logged in on Zopim (live chat) 24*7. If there are ever issues which aren't moving fast enough in the forums, which can eaisly happen when we have several intractable problems on the go at once, feel free to ping me on the live chat, which will get you bumped to the top of the queue for a while.

-- hugh

OK, I still can't edit the files I need to, it looks like that user doesn't have write access. When I try and upload the plugin code with some debug stuff in it, I get:

Command:STOR fbk.fabrik.php
Response:550 fbk.fabrik.php: Permission denied

If you can't sort ftp out for me, can you install exTplorer (and test it logged in as the user I'm logging in as).

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back