Fatal error: Call to a member function order() on a non-object in ... list.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

rackem

This is a continuation of the following thread in Standard Support:
http://www.fabrikar.com/forums/inde...r-function-order-on-a-non-object.37591/page-2

I had purchased a subscription just to get it fixed. It got a brief look before my subscription ran out - between some unfortunate Fabrik hardware issues and simply being swamped with Pro support, it slipped through the cracks unresolved. As you can follow back through the threads, this issue was initially reported in January.

I only bring it up again because the following error remains an issue.

Fatal error: Call to a member function order() on a non-object in /home/mypoolst/public_html/components/com_fabrik/models/list.php on line 2854

I have had several users report my site is down recently because of it but it is an intermittent issue because the site is back up on its own shortly after. It is also common entry in my PHP log.

Please, I really appreciate any help or ideas in troubleshooting this issue - I am all out of ideas.

I have the same error, when try to run email sheduller of list with pre-filter queries
so, in list.php 2854
$query is: devices.Group IN (select group_id from qdyjq_user_usergroup_map where user_id=42)
and $query->order() throws Call to a member function order() on a non-object

Helg - where are you getting the details of that query from?

I'm really puzzled here, because I can't find anywhere in our code that passes anything other than a query object as that arg to buildQueryOrder(), or leaves it blank to default to false. And line 2854 is wrapped in a test to make sure $query exists.

All i can suggest at the moment is that you try modifying line 2848 to add a test for is_object():

PHP:
if (!$query || !is_object($query))

... and see if that at least stops the fatal error.

-- hugh

Thanks. I suspect that it's really only a bandaid that patches round a deeper problem. That code should never get executed without the $query being either a valid query object, or "false". However, if you are happy that your cron job is now working properly ... I guess that's good enough for now.

rackem - how about you?

-- hugh

The patch doesn't seem to break anything. I will keep an eye on my error log to see if this error returns.

OK. I'll make that change in my local code, but I won't commit it until I'm next doing some work on that file, give y'all a chance to test it out. Let me know if it causes issues elsewhere.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back