Cannot read property 'addEvent' of null form-min.js:1

kushiel

I just upgraded to Fabrik 3.1.1 with this command:
wget https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/tarball/joomla3 -O - | tar -zx --strip-components 1

I'm running Joomla 2.5.19 I used the Joomla Extension Manager "Discover" function to install any plugins left hanging and used the "Refresh Cache" function on all things Fabrik.

Most everything is working correctly, except that I'm getting javascript errors on my forms. One error in particular seems to be preventing the form being submitted.
Code:
Cannot read property 'addEvent' of null form-min.js:1

I'm not sure what this means. But, from what I've read on the boards, it is likely a jQuery conflict, perhaps caused by another extension.

My Joomla template is based on Bootstrap. I'm using custom templates for my Fabrik forms. I've updated them to the best of my knowledge. For example:
PHP:
// $form->startTag;
$form->intro;

I've been playing around for a bit trying to figure out what's causing this error, but haven't gotten very far. I'd appreciate it if anyone has any tips on how to troubleshoot this. Thanks.

kushiel - this is one of those issues I need a test site to debug on, as I've never been able to replicate the problem on any of my servers. So if you can point us at a page which exhibits the problem, and make sure you enable "Fabrik debug" (in the global Fabrik options, button top right of main backend pages) so we can use the uncompressed JS files, we'll take a look.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh. I had forgotten about the "Fabrik debug" option.

I resolved my problem. I decided to upgrade Joomla from 2.5.19 to 3.2.3. Figured that I might as well get it over with.

My front-end Joomla template was already using bootstrap on Joomla 2.5. So, after upgrading, I put the following lines in my template's index.php to resolve jQuery conflicts from loading multiple copies, etc.
PHP:
unset($this->_scripts[JURI::root(true).'/media/jui/js/bootstrap.min.js']);
unset($this->_scripts[JURI::root(true).'/media/jui/js/jquery-migrate.min.js']);
unset($this->_scripts[JURI::root(true).'/media/jui/js/jquery-noconflict.js']);
unset($this->_scripts[JURI::root(true).'/media/jui/js/jquery.min.js']);
unset($this->_scripts[JURI::root(true).'/media/system/js/tabs-state.js']);

Then I re-coded my custom Fabrik templates using the Joomla 3.x "bootstrap" template included by Fabrik as an example.

Now, everything is working as it was before, with no javascript errors!

Thanks for posting your experiment kushiel.
That's probably 'my problem' too. Some of the custom templates I'm using were made from very early versions of the Fabrik bootstrap template.
Ughh - more work.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back