Bootstrap template issues in front end

rwilliam99

I'm new to Fabrik, but following the tutorials I have created a pretty slick list and form. I liked it so much I subscribed for a year to help support development of this tool. Both the list and form look AWESOME from the back end (admin), however it appears as though the bootstrap template is not working correctly in the front end. I'm using the Joomlashack js_avalon template, which is built on the wright framework, which is supposed to be extended from the boostrap framework, so in theory it should be compatible.

I've not explored in depth how these frameworks function, but it seems as though I should see the bootstrap "look" in the front end. If I change the frontend theme to protostar (the joomla 3 default), it looks the same as it does in the back end. The protostar theme will not work for my site, so I need to stick with the avalon theme.

What can I do to help debug this issue? Searching the forums and wiki thus far has not been terribly helpful.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

Without sounding obvious but have you tried the layout tab in the form settings in admin?

It could be you need to select bootstrap template but you may already have tried this?

Regards

Mark

Sent via my iPhone using Tapatalk app so please excuse brevity and typing errors :)

Yes, if I understand the option you are referring to, there are 3 options - bootstrap, use default and div. I've tried all 3 and they all look the same.

I've attached some screen shots to illustrate what I'm seeing.

One other item of note -I did install from the most recent git version as of a few days ago and did the post git update steps as listed in the wiki. (refreshing the cache objects).

BackEndFormView.jpgBackendListView.jpgFrontEndFormView.jpgFrontEndListView.jpgListLayoutTabOptions.jpg

Protostar/Fabrik are using Bootstrap 2. Check what is used by your template. If it is already BS3 maybe there's an option.

gesendet mit Tapatalk

I can't seem to find anything definitive, but it appears to be built on bootstrap 2 (wright 2) framework. I'll post a message in their support forum.

I'm still waiting on a response about the bootstrap version, however I stumbled on some sort of solution - I didn't know you could do this. I assigned the menu option for my list to the protostar template, and now when I choose that menu option it uses the protostar template instead of the avalon template. While not a perfect solution, it is reasonably workable. I am continuing to learn more about joomla 3 (I upgraded from 1.5 and haven't really done a lot with it), and the new templating system.

I've been using the Wright framework - in the free Wright template - for a while now, and haven't experienced any issues. Of course, depending on what special features got added in the avalon template, that template may not work. But as far as I can tell, the wright framework itself doesn't seem to cause any problems.

I got a response and Wright 2.0 is NOT based on bootstrap at all. Wright 3 is based on bootstrap, but unfortunately, the Avalon template is only using Wright 2.0.

So, Darkroast - you are using the base wright template and see the stylings in your forms and lists in the front end? For the time being, my workaround is OK. I may experiment a bit more, but it is a reasonable compromise until I can upgrade to a different template. I need to learn more about the new joomla templating stuff.

I've been using the basic wright template and everything works, although I did have to do some very minor CSS tweaks. The one in particular I remember was so that the radio button "dots" didn't show up when looking at the element in a button group. Other than that, no problems.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back