• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Linked Table Custom Registration & Extra Fields

robhparker

I am looking to create a custom registration for the users table.
explained here in option #2
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.ph...-joomlas-registration-form-with-fabrik.28436/

The object is to map the core _users table to a list and then create an "extra fields" list/table and join the two.
I followed the tutorial (french I translated in Chrome) by jfquestiaux.
http://betterliving.be/Fabrik/rempl...egistrement-de-joomla-partie-1/All-Pages.html
This got me as far as the _users table list creation without messing up the core table. I was unable to find the part 2 of the tutorial so I created another table and joined them. Used my extra field list and added a left join from id->id (delete joined data=no).

I have a few questions.

#1 Is this even the best way to accomplish this?

#2 the fields LastResetTime and reset count have noted in the tutorial to set Cache to "yes" and date default update to "no" I dont see the parameters in the field, and I cannot keep them from displaying in the form, even when I choose to hide them.

#3 the users table obviously has a "name" field. I would like to have a first name, last name fields in the extra fields overwrite the Name field in the users table when edited/saved with the values from firstname and lastname with a space. I have this happening using the calc element in the _extra fields table with a fullname field, but it is duplicate data as the users table field. Any solution that would sync these two fields together or have the calc write to the name field in the users table?

I have uploaded a screenshot of my form for what it is worth. The "extra fields" table is named staff in my case. This is basically a staff user profile.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-24 at 3.23.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-24 at 3.23.56 AM.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 182
I'm trying to find out if JFQ has the second half of that tutorial, as I'm not 100% how he would have gone about achieving that second part, as there are several approaches to take.

I don't usually join my #_users table, I typically use a totally separate table/list, and simply use the juser plugin to sync the two. But that's pretty much habit from the early days of Fabrik and the juser plugin, where we had some issues with collateral damage to the #_users table due to some bugs.

So I really need to take some time to work on a setup like the one you are building, and I don't want to offer any advice until I've done that.

Haven't forgotten about you ...

-- hugh

JFQ's comment:

it works fine with joining from #__users table. i used it on several sites now, with different configurations.

I'll still go ahead and build a similar setup, so I can follow along and hopefully be in a better position to help if you need it.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back