BUG: Popup submits form

Can you point me at the page?

We can't really support IE8 any more, we support the previous two major releases of any given browser, and we're now up to IE11, so we support IE9, IE10 and IE11. But I can do my best to see if there's something obvious we can fix.

-- hugh

unfortunately its an intranet page at my work. I will try to get it ported over to an external facing page tonight.

is there a way to make that strictly an image that pops out the calendar on click rather then an actual button ?

You could hide the calendar date picker via CSS.
Try adding
Code:
$x =$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'];
$browser = get_browser($x,true);
$version = (int)($browser['version']);
if ($browser['browser']=='IE' && $version < 9) {
echo "
#$form button.calendarbutton {display:none}";
}
just before ?> at the end of custom_css.php

But there are a lot of other issues with IE8 and Fabrik (googlemap, fileupload...).

OK, I've now got a Windows 7 / IE8 VM running in VirtualBox, and have replicated the issue with the date button submitting the form. Looking at the problem now.

-- hugh

There's all kinds of issues starting to crop up for IE8, partly us, but also in a lot of the third party libraries used by Joomla, other extensions, and us. I'm still struggling to get a clean page load without errors.

I'll continue to look at this, but it's looking more and more like IE8 is a lost cause.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back