errors

Yes. It's fixed.

The main Fabrik content plugin wasn't enabled, which the CB plugin relies on.

I've enabled it, and added some error checking in the CB plugin code so it'll throw a more meaningful error ("Fabrik content plugin not loaded in CB tab! Check it is installed and enabled.") rather than defaulting to the rather obscure Joomla "Invalid event handler".

-- hugh

Ok so that was an obvious one, sorry I missed it. I still have another error at the bottom of many pages. I can't seem to track it down. I moved the site to a new server with php 5.5.11 and its still there.

Warning: mysqli_close(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php on line 210

It wasn't entirely obvious. Took me about 10 mins of insertig debug code to have my "Doh!" moment. The new error msg will make it a lot more obvious. :)

I'll have a look at the "couldn't fetch" issue. I saw one of those while I was debugging the other issue, I thought it was because of my debug code doing an 'exit'. I've seen that error before, but usually only during xdebug sessions, where it's a known issue.

-- hugh

I'm not convinced this is anything to do with Fabrik, as I'm seeing that error on your About page, which afaict has no Fabrik content on it. Although the Fabrik system plugin will still be running.

I currently don't have a PHP 5.5 site with Fabrik on it, I'll have to get one up, and see if I can provoke this error.

-- hugh

The main Fabrik content plugin wasn't enabled
As far as I can remember this is the status after a fresh Fabrik installation (content plugin installed but disabled). Is there a special reason to have it not enabled automatically (as all other plugins in fabrik core)?

No reason, as far as I know. Just for completeness, here's what I just typed in the group chat:

[11:18:33 AM] Hugh Messenger: can you recall if we enable things like the search plugin? i.e. other plugins that aren't part of the plugins/fabrik_foo/ structure (form, element, etc)?
[11:18:33 AM] Hugh Messenger: I suspect the reason the content plugin doesn't get auto-enabled is, we have to specifically set enabled, as J!'s default is disabled, and there's no way of overriding that in the plugin XML
[11:18:51 AM] Hugh Messenger: So in the postflight() method for install, we do ...
[11:18:52 AM] Hugh Messenger: $db
->setQuery(
"UPDATE #__extensions SET enabled = 1 WHERE type = 'plugin' AND (folder LIKE 'fabrik_%' OR (folder='system' AND element = 'fabrik'))");
[11:19:22 AM] Hugh Messenger: So I think we just need to add an OR for the content plugin

-- hugh

Thanks guys. I had no luck getting anyone to help with the error over on the J! forum was hoping for a fix...driving me nuts because this is the only site its happening on. I have a bunch of other 3.x sites with and without fabrik and its only on this one.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back