Some of the form data not written in "table" or incorrect written in "list"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostlyseven

Dear All,

Fabrikar 3.0.9
Joomla 2.5.9
Elements writable in list YES

Something strange is happening with my fabrikar form.

Don't get me wrong, the form is working fine. But FIRSTLY it does not write some data in the table on two occasions. Both which are a databasejoin. (wenn I look in phpmyadmin).

For example.
In the send form the two databasejoins are:

Anfrage fuer Kategorie: (select_categorie)
? Hotels

Anfrage fuer Ort: (select_ort)
? Baldramsdorf
? D?briach

This is however not recorded in the "table". See attached file.
fabrikar_not_writting_in_table.gif

First I thought this would have to do with the databasejoins being defined as int[6] but after changing one of them to text still no data is written in the database table.

SECONDLY Completely weird things are happening in the meantime with the "list" view regarding the two databasejoins. (anfrage f?r) and (anfrage f?r Urlaubs Ort)listerror.gif
It writes in one collumm the days of the week and lots of countries where it should write only maximum the names of 9 villages. I got no Idea were it gets this data from.....

Anybody got any tips what to do? Like I said the form is working fine and people who should receive emails do receive them. But it is quiet important for us to have an overview what exactly is being selected in the form and have this in a proper table.

Thank you for your help.

Mostlyseven

What is the setup of your dbjoins? Multiselect? If it's multiselect then it is not stored in your original table x but in an additional table x_reapeat_your-dbjoin-element.

No idea what could have happend to your "Ort" selection.
Is this wrong display in every record?
Did you change anything on the repeat-table?
Did you switch between dbjoin render options?
Did you copy the list or the dbjoin element?

BTW: the recent Joomla version is 2.5.19 and there are a lot of additions/bug fixes in the recent GitHub version.
I would suggest to backup and then update.

If I recall, I did some work with you on this stuff when you first implemented it? Those field names seem familiar. And I think I have two of your original tables set up on one of my test servers.

I can't remember the details, but I seem to recall there is some custom stuff in there somewhere.

Can you fill in your My Sites, give me the access I need to log in and have a look, remind myself of how the site is set up. If there are any custom scripts or templates involved, I'll also need either ftp details, or exTplorer installed.

I may also need to chat live with you, but I'll let you know once I've seen the setup again if I need to walk through anything with you.

-- hugh

Thank you Hugh and Troester. I did work it out with the "If it's multiselect then it is not stored in your original table x but in an additional table x_reapeat_your-dbjoin-element."
I combine the two tables and I get the all the data I need.

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards,

mostlyseven

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back