• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Hide empty fields in list

kit-fabrik

Hello,

I want to hide fields in list when they are empty (nothings is filled in). I think it's quiet easy but I don't know how it works...

Can somebody help me? :)

Thank You!

Regards

What do you mean by "hide [...] when they are empty"?

Do you mean if none of the fields in an entire column for a given element have a value, you want to hide the entire column?

There is no built in way of doing this, it would require some PHP scripting in the list template.

-- hugh

When viewing in tab-view I want to hide the empty fields an their labels. Additionally I would also hide the whole tab if any field of the regarding category is empty

Do you mean list view or details view?
In details view empty elements have a CSS class "fabrikDataEmpty", so you can add a {display:none}.

In a list you can always hide columns with either css or javascript.
If you hide both the th (header) and the td of the column in question - they will not be seen in the list.
(I've done this to hide the checkboxes.)

E.g. - Assuming the table name is 'fb_report_settings' and the column/element to hide is named 'file_types'...
To use css...
Code:
th.fb_report_settings___file_types,
td.fb_report_settings___file_types{
    display:none;
}

Or, to use javascript/jquery, you can add this inside your document ready function...
Code:
jQuery("th.fb_report_settings___file_types").css("display","none");
jQuery("td.fb_report_settings___file_types").css("display","none");

But since you need to only do that on the condition the column is empty - you'd have to use javascript (jQuery) to first check the contents of the cells in that column. Like this...
Code:
var col_length = 0 ;
jQuery("td.fb_report_settings___file_types").each( function() {
        col_length = col_length + jQuery(this).text().trim().length;
});
if(col_length == 0){
    jQuery("th.fb_report_settings___file_types").css("display","none");
    jQuery("td.fb_report_settings___file_types").css("display","none");
}

thanks! but I have never done something with javascript in joomla. Your example was for a checkbox. Can I use this source also for a text field?

My form is called "pm_database"
The text field is called "main_participant"

Is this source correct in my case?

Code:
var col_length = 0 ;
jQuery("td.pm_database___main_participants").each( function() {
});
if(col_length == 0){
    jQuery("th.pm_database___main_participants").css("display","none");
    jQuery("td.pm_database___main_participants").css("display","none");
}

Where I have to put this javascript code in fabrik? Is this the right place? (picture: settings of the element) sry I have a german version of fabrik...

Thanks for your help :)

here is the screenshot: settings of the element
C:\Users\nn3241\Desktop\main_participants.png

Attachments

• main_participants.PNG
    main_participants.PNG
    30.9 KB · Views: 480
here is the screenshot: settings of the element
C:\Users\nn3241\Desktop\main_participants.png
Your code looks right to me.
I don't have much luck using the individual fabrik element javascript - and this wouldn't work there anyhow as it is really javascript for the list - not the element.

There are numerous ways you can add custom javascript in fabrik lists or forms.

Have a look at this page of the Wiki (the section for 'Lists')... http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/javascript/
Just create a new list_xx.js file as directed in the wiki (where xx is the id of the fabrik list) - and include your code in a document ready section - like this...

Code:
jQuery(document).ready(function(){
    var col_length = 0 ;
    jQuery("td.pm_database___main_participants").each( function() {
    });
    if(col_length == 0){
        jQuery("th.pm_database___main_participants").css("display","none");
        jQuery("td.pm_database___main_participants").css("display","none");
    }
});

Do you mean list view or details view?
In details view empty elements have a CSS class "fabrikDataEmpty", so you can add a {display:none}.

I also want to hide labels for fields that are empty in Detail view and in emails that include form data. Where/how exactly do we use this {display:none} option?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back