Problem exporting to csv as excel with accents

jbadiag

Hi,
When I export a list in CSV excel format, if I do it in utf 16 I can't open it in excel 2003 and excel for mac, only in excel 2007 to 2013
If I export the csv in utf 8 I can open it in all excels but my problem then are the accents. All of them converts to an estrange symbols as the image I attach.
My tables are in latin1 cp1252 west european characte set and latin1_swedish_ci Collation
Do I have to change them to any other format?
Thanks

Attachments

• Captura.JPG
    Captura.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 493
  • Captura2.JPG
    Captura2.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 527
Are the accents correct in the raw CSV file (check with e.g. notepad++)?
I think Excel can't handle UF8 directly (it's Microsoft Excel;)), you have to "Import" and select UTF8 .

If I export in csv utf 8 In notepad I can see the accents (image) but I cant open it in excel (any version)

Attachments

• Captura.JPG
    Captura.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 519
I don't have Excel2003 or Mac but it should be possible to "import":
open a new Excel sheet
"Data" tab "From text"
Then you can select the character setting + delimiters.

Yes I know, thats a posibility but there are like 300 users who must do it, and lots of them doesn't know about IT technologies.
I need to extract the content and open it in a simple excel like it does if I esport in utf16. In UTF8 the problem are the accents. I need to solve this issue

I think this is an Excel issue (you can find a bunch of threads about Excel and UFT-8).
Since Excel2007 you can use UTF16, Excel2003 has ended its lifecycle.

I've added an ISO-8859-15 encoding option
https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/77d48c6d8a538c49c57b1c5cd17dceee8bfa6afa
maybe this will do in your outdated Excel versions.
It seems to cover some UTF8 characters (accents, German Umlaute) but it can't convert e.g. Greek characters.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back