associate document with joomla article

prophoto

I'd like to associate a document (doc, txt, pdf, images, etc) with joomla articles similar to how Joomla allows images and links in the default new article frontend page. Basically the user would add a title, intro/article body and upload a document. The document would only be available for download via the download script and the folder would be locked via .htaccess. I know this works as I have it setup in a list already.

I just need to understand the whole Joomla article + Fabrik record thing!

I guess I am kinda thinking about a document management system....haven't got the job yet but the client is still asking questions so that's a good thing!

take a look at the article form plugin. I have a client who is using it to create custom forms to associate files with a Joomla article

What about adding another field to an article if its in a certain category? The contents of that field will not be publicly visible but will be used for reporting. The person submitting the article will need to choose one option from a drop down.

Not sure what you mean by "not publicly visible".

Remember that rendering the form into an article happens during form submission. The article plugin takes your form data and creates (or modifies) a J! article from it. And the article is then static text (unless you include plugin directives in the article template you use), like any other J! article. There's no concept of element ACL's, or other "dynamic" aspects of Fabrik form rendering.

It might be possible to create your article so it has {fabrik view=element ...} plugins in it, which would then be dynamic on the resulting article. But in general, the 'article' form plugin is intended to just churn out a static view of your form data into a J! article.

-- hugh'

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back