• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

two repeat groups create error with ambiguous parent_id field

Status
Not open for further replies.

susannanam

hello all,

i have a list and three groups on that list. one is the parent group and two are the repeated children (both referring to the same parent group). when i now want to view the list, it gives and error, saying that the field parent_id is ambiguous (of course both automatically created tables have id and parent_id fields). what did i do wrong and how can i solve that problem please?

thanks
susanne

Where can I find the list in question? Is it on the live site or the "please play with" site? Which list is it?

We should be already fully qualifying all our queries with the table name, meaning that there is no ambiuity, so I need to work out which query this is, by running your page load in debug mode. I can't replicate this issue locally.

-- hugh

Where can I find the list in question? Is it on the live site or the "please play with" site? Which list is it?

We should be already fully qualifying all our queries with the table name, meaning that there is no ambiuity, so I need to work out which query this is, by running your page load in debug mode. I can't replicate this issue locally.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh, i just skyped you the login details :) thanks

OK, this one was REALLY obscure. The query for the joins waa missing all the table names. After a lot of debuggung the code ... turned out this was because you had set the "Record in database" setting to "No" on the form.

I can see why you did that, as this is a "read only" copy of your list/form ... but what that setting is actually for, is to tell Fabrik whether the form has a table/list at all, or whether it's just a table-less form, like a search form, or justa simple contact form that sends an email, or some such.

So with that set to No, Fabrik wasn't expecting to do any table querying, and got it's undies in a bundle.

We really should:

a) Improve the tooltip for that option.

b) lock that option once the form (and optionally list) is created, so it can't be changed.

-- hugh

OK, this one was REALLY obscure. The query for the joins waa missing all the table names. After a lot of debuggung the code ... turned out this was because you had set the "Record in database" setting to "No" on the form.

I can see why you did that, as this is a "read only" copy of your list/form ... but what that setting is actually for, is to tell Fabrik whether the form has a table/list at all, or whether it's just a table-less form, like a search form, or justa simple contact form that sends an email, or some such.

So with that set to No, Fabrik wasn't expecting to do any table querying, and got it's undies in a bundle.

We really should:

a) Improve the tooltip for that option.

b) lock that option once the form (and optionally list) is created, so it can't be changed.

-- hugh

thanks so much for all the hard work, much appreciated :) i am super happy again and all is working :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back