Countdown Timer - Limit records feature

groundpro

Hello everyone, Let me say thank you in advance for your help (table name fab_articlelist).

1. A timer feature that will count down from the time the user open up the record to edit. This doesn't have to countdown for the user to see live in seconds, they should already know the time however if possible we can show the remanding time statically if possible on each save . So lets say that I have an element called article_due_date with the plugin time, it should countdown from 24:00:00 (24 hours).

2. I would like to do a limit feature for different groups, where each group has different Limits. So I would like it to do a query to check how many times a users ID is within my table and to restrict that account from having more records. There is a condition though, each record has a status element and if that element is set to approved then it won't be counted.

Here is what I have so far after using the limit plugin.
Screenshot2014-07-2901.19.16.png

Here are the conditions;

a. If the article status is set to Submit (by an admin through the status dropdown element), then the timer should stop.
b. If the timer reaches 00:00:00 then it should clear the author element field of the users ID. Also the field article_due_date should go back to its original time of 24:00:00 (24 hours) as well as the article body.

Any suggestion is welcome just be specific I'm really slow sometimes :).

Let's deal with one issue at a time. First, the timer.

So just to be clear, the timer should only show the time that a form is open for edit in the browser? So when the form is submitted, the remaining time at that point needs to be stored, and the timer will then restart from that point if the form is opened for edit again?

We do have a 'timer' element, which would be a good place to start from, and I think we could achieve what you want with a couple of new options for it.

For the conditions:

a) So if an admin edits the form, and sets the status dropdown, do you need the timer to instantly stop, or can it wait until the form is submitted?

b) Does this need to happen even if the person never submits the form? So they open the form for edit, the timer counts down and hits 0, but they never push submit. If so, that's going to need some AJAX handling, so those values are reset on the server end, regardless of whether the form is submitted. And some careful thought as to what then happens if they submit the form AFTER the timer hits 0.

Note that the coding needed to achieve your requirements would not be covered by a subscription, we'd have to work out a custom price. Once we get the exact details of the requirements nailed down, we can give you a quote for that.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back