• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

[SOLVED] User plugin - How get password optional in a form that modify user data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

F.schettino

Italian
I replaced the Joomla registration form.
It works well.

I need an other form in which the user can modify his data, including e-mail, name, username and password; the user would be not obliged to modify.

I made a form that use the User plugin, but it works well only for new registration:
- it doesn't display the old password, so the user had to write the password in any case
- it sets the group to a fixed value, but the user can be a registered/administrator/...

How can I get what I need?

Can someone help me?
I think it is not only my need, so someone solved it.

Thank you.

If you want to edit you must have an element storing the userid (not a user element, just a field or a dbjoin to #_users).
If the user can belong to multiple groups you must use the usergroups element for usergroups.
On registration there's only one (the default) usergroup (it's the same with a Joomla registration), additional groups have to be set by an admin.
If you don't put anything new into the password it's keeping the old one.

Update from GitHub, there's a fix about the usergroups element and multiple groups.

Thank you very much for your answer, troester.

I didn't know that there is a fix in GitHub; I will update.

Ok I will add a field element for usergroups.

I have the element storing the user element and the form displays right values of user.
But, if I don't change the password (it is not displayed and I don't fill it), I am not able to login; I think that Fabrik tries to put a blank in the Joomla user password, but fails (obviously) and the user became disabled. (edited)

I think that the settings are correct (see attachments; it is all in italian language, but I think that you will understand).
What is it wrong ???

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 342
  • 2.png
    2.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 310
  • 3.png
    3.png
    11 KB · Views: 316
  • 4.png
    4.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 360
Additional information, after updating from GitHub.
If I leave blank the password field, it became
b9792b9cd23ec2d3c14356254fe0b9a6:Lky0i6eGGW1JBP9gu8LpTp1qL3IsP4ar
and I cannot login (that means that the password is changed).

Did you set a notempty validation on the password element? Don't.

Are you running a recent Joomla (3.3.3)?

Yes, in the past I set a notempty validation on the password element.
But this would oblige user to fill password field in any case, because I wasn't able to get password prefilled; it is not pleasant...

Yes, I have just updated to Joomla (3.3.3). (edit)

It is strange, because in wiki of user form plugin is written:
"This plug-in allows you to create new Joomla users, or edit existing Joomla users"
"Sync on Edit - If set to 'yes' then upon saving an exisitng record, the Joomla user's details are syncronised with the form's data."

It's working as expected on my site:
editing an existing user without doing anything with the password will keep the password untouched and sync other relevant elements with the Joomla user.
The password is never displayed (it's the same in Joomla user settings), it's encrypted in the DB, you can only set a new one.

But your screenshot is showing some validation on the password element (the star icon), I don't know which one - but remove it.

You are very kind to help me, troester.

* shows the standard Fabrik text "Please enter a password and ensure that che confirmation matches" (in English); ? is a similar message in italian that I would delete when I will understand where is the English text not translated in Italian.
I didn't use the notempty validation plugin.

"The password is never displayed (it's..."; ok it would be good if the password would not change...

I don't understand why doesn't work on my site...
Ok, I can create a separate form only to change password, but I don't like this solution; it is not fine...

Could it be a compatibility problem?
Please, see the attachment.

Attachments

• 10.png
    10.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 275
Friendly bump.

There is something strange:
  • psw "FraSke"
    • in my table Fabrik: 0b020159362a8386d53cef0aa1ee4ec9:O013IJK5MjK3hPFSoik6H928OVQWP4wj
    • in table joomla_users: b9792b9cd23ec2d3c14356254fe0b9a6:Lky0i6eGGW1JBP9gu8LpTp1qL3IsP4ar
  • after changing psw to "Franco":
    • in my table Fabrik: 03b98a6d8efbbaaba998c8aff07712ce:nHDxLmx2KPE9glucV4vBczRFIWGD6Scw
    • in table joomla_users: b9792b9cd23ec2d3c14356254fe0b9a6:Lky0i6eGGW1JBP9gu8LpTp1qL3IsP4ar

SOLVED

I only added a field element to store usergroups and referenced it in User plugin.
Now:
- If I type password, I can access using new password.
- If I don't type password, I can access (the password is not changed).

Thank you, troester, for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back