Advice on password protecting a from

genyded

Hi All,

I have the need to "password" protect a from so that in order for user to add records to one table/list, they are prompted somehow for a pass code that gets looked up from another table. If valid they are allowed to proceed to the add form. If not are presented an error.

Any thoughts on the best approach to implementing something like this? I was thinking along the lines of a js pop that would send a ajax call to a php script to validate the pass code, but not sure how best to process the result. I am open to any thoughts or suggestions regarding this.

Thanks,
Dale

P.S. I combed for quite a while on the forums looking for something like this, but everything I found was related to "user" passwords and this is not the same

Just make form_password field in your elements group. Than add validation rule like regex with match pattern and write something like: /my password/
It would do the trick!

Thanks! It wasn't quite that simple because the password has to be looked up "on the fly" because someone else controls and could change it, but I got it all working by calling using js ajax to call a php script to do the checking.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back