• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Create PDF not working

nick2011

Hi
I updated yesterday from GitHub to Fabrik 3.1 (Joomla 2.5)

Everything is working fine, except the PDF button in the list.
If I click it, Adobe Reader tries to open, but the PDF is not correctly generated.

Any suggestion?
Thanks

It's working on my Joomla2.524/Fabrik3.1 (+GitHub) testsite.
Are you running a standard Joomla template (beez, protostar)?
Did you try to save the file and then open it?

same versions here.
on the front-end I'm not using the preinstalled templates.
in the back-end yes.

however PDF doesn't work even in the admin panel...

Maybe again a problem with your server/php setup (e.g. missing/outdated libraries).

this is the error I get it says "file doesn't begin with PDF"

Attachments

• Senza nome-1.png
    Senza nome-1.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 264
I've tried on another ISP, with another website (Joomla! 3) and Fabrik from GitHub.
Tried on different PCs . And from cell phone as well.
The PDF generated is corrupted. Always getting that error "FILE DOES NOT BEGIN WITH '%PDF"

No idea. All my Fabrik/domPDF generated files are starting with %PDF.
Check your file with eg. notepad++.
Maybe there's something like an error message at the beginning.

Try with Joomla error reporting set to NO.

hi troester changing error reporting to none didn't help. I tried to save the PDF (by right clicking on the PDF button)
attached the corrupted PDF

Attachments

• 5.pdf
    44.4 KB · Views: 185
hi troester.
it was already set to NONE.
but... I changed it to YES, saved the options, set it to NO again, saved again, and now it is working!!!

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSS :)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back