duplicate records multi page form

Status
Not open for further replies.

prophoto

On my kint site I am getting multiple records for each submission in list #3/form #3. Please keep in mind this is a live site, Hugh and I had talked about setting up a dev site which I haven't done yet but I can make it happen in the AM tomorrow. In the mean time can you take a look? Thanks.

I dont see anything odd in the set up.
As its live data I will wait for the test site before getting stuck in and saving records. Reply back here when the site is up

thanks, could you check the file permissions on administrator/components/com_fabrik/config.xml I'm unable to change Fabrik's global configuration, notably the option to set the JS to be loaded in an uncompressed form.

Just FYI, I'm riding shotgun on this one, to see what Rob can see. I had a look just before my surgery, confirmed that somehow multiple rows are being inserted (with identical date_time's) from the multi-page form, but there doesn't seem to be any predictable pattern as to how many, and I couldn't immediately see anything weird with the setup.

I have a test setup here, so if Rob generates any clues, I'll follow up. Unless he just fixes it, of course. :)

But at the moment, I'm relatively clueless. I had come to the conclusion it might be in the browser / JS side somewhere, submitting multiple times, and perhaps to do with when cycling through pages, but that's about where I got to when I headed off to hospital!

-- hugh

OK, if we remove the multipage breaks, so it's just a single monolithic form, there is no duplication of submission. This confirms a suspicion I have that it's something to do with cycling through multipages, but I'm still not having much luck tracking down what exactly is going on.

As far as I can see from the actual network traffic (i.e. in either FF or Chrome's debuggers 'Net' tabs), the form is only being submitted once. My current line of sleuthing is on the session handling of the multipage "save partial" thing.

-- hugh

After a few sessions with Hugh on this we have narrowed it down to a pdf generator issue. We think its because the form is so big (100+ elements, 6 groups). Thanks as always!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back