more pictures

Dutchybert

Good afternoon,

I am a newby with Fabrik for Joomla.

I created a baste with just four fields.
Image upload,
Name field
Dropdown field
Name foeld aagin.

My "problem" for the first name field I would like to to add more than one image. Is this possible? And would it be possible to show those images in e.g. a slideshow, without using the slideshow settings for whole dbase.

Hopefully someone will be so kind to enlighten me.

Thanks

Thank you for ht ereply

Please forgive me being naiev, but do I have to set the Ajax upload for the whole dbase and what if I only want to upload one file?

Thanks

You don't need to set it for the entire database. It's a per-element selection. If you only want to upload one file - for that particular element - but want to have the ability to upload multiple files if needed, that's not a problem. The user would only select one file to upload.

If you want to limit the uploads to JUST one file, don't use the ajax upload feature.

Thank you for the answer.

It seems I am having a problem:(

i already started uploading one image per file. But all at once I came across a name with more than one image. I changed the element to Ajax upload and suddenly all the pictures were gone.
When I changed the upload element back to "normal" I saw the pictures again.

Is there a way to "solve" this?

Thanks.

I believe this happens because of the way single images ("normal") are stored in the database versus the way they're stored when using the Ajax upload function. When using "normal" the system records the path to the file in the database. For Ajax uploads, a separate, linked table is created which stores the paths.

This means that if you switch it to Ajax, the records in the subsidiary table had not been created previously, so they won't show.

There really isn't anything to "solve" - but (AFAIK) there's no way to manually load the table. About all you could do is reupload the files after switching to Ajax upload. Then the records will be created and the paths will be inserted.

Hello Darkroast,

Sorry for the very late reply, it was due to personal circumstances I could not answer earlier.
Thanks for the update, i have already uploaded over 500 pictures, so I guess I will keep my lists the way they are.
Perhaps in the future wehn I have lots and lost of time I will change it. But for now....

Thanks again for the explanation. It is much clearer now.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back