• New Commercial Services Section

We have now opened a commercial services section here on the forum. If you have a Fabrik project that you wish to have someone work on for you, post it under Help Wanted. If you are an application developer and wish to earn some money helping others, post your details under Fabrik Application Developers.

Both of these are unmoderated. It will be up to both parties to work out the details and come to an agreement.

icons for elements in a table stopped working for me

skyrun

i am on fabrik 3.2 and hadn't updated by SVN for quite some time (6 mos?). when i upgraded to the latest (in test), the substitution of icons with the name of the element has stopped working. This can be seen on:
http://www.skyrun.com/skyforce/test/my-leads/form/32/878

i have icons in media/com_fabrik/images for both iemail.png and type_iemail.png.

was(is) working on the older version.

Can you try adding an icon for "incoming_email"?

We should use raw data for things like join elements, but a quick sanity check would help. I'm testing here as well.

-- hugh

renamed to incoming_email.png and it works now (was raw.png, then was type_raw.png now is value.png... let's make up our minds ;-)

for anyone reading, for a dbjoin element type with icon, must name file value.png and must replace spaces with '_'s

Yeah, I think that got accidentally changed at some point, so joins now use the "label" text rather than the raw value. By the time we noticed, it had been like that for a while, so we just decided to leave it that way, as it's arguably the right way to do it anyway. So for example if your data is color names, and you use a simple field, it would be red.png, green.png, blue.png, etc. If you then use a join to a color table, I think it makes more sense to continue using red, green, blue, than the FK values of 1.png, 2.png, 3.png (or whatever).

However, no change on the "cleaning" of the names. We've always run the element value we're going to look for an icon for through our clean() method, which converts it to lower case, and replaces all non 7-bit alphanumeric characters with an underscore. This avoids issues with OS specific file naming naming restrictions.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back