• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Zip codes and cities NIGHTMARE

kimtim1402

Hi,

What is the best approach to filter from an auto-complete zip code field the city field.
The other way is simple, but this way seems really heavy.

I tried 3 different ways:
  1. 1 table solution
    Zip codes and cities in the same table

Databasejoin (auto-complete) zip code

Cascadingdropdown city
  2. 2 tables solution
    Zip codes table connected with cities table via zip-city-id

Databasejoin (auto-complete) zip code

Cascadingdropdown city
  3. 3 tables solution
    Zip codes table connected with zip-cities table via zip-id

Cities table connected with zip-cities table via cities-id

Databasejoin (auto-complete) zip-cities table, label zip code

Cascadingdropdown zip-cities table, label city
NOTHING WORKS :(:(

How can I found a solution ? please help me, because I am really desperate.

Thanks

Kosta

It's working on my site without problem (tested 1 table solution).
What means "not working"?
What is your exact Joomla and Fabrik version? GitHub update?
What are your dbjoin and cdd settings (screenshots)?

Which Joomla and Fabrik template?
Any JS errors?

I have joomla 3.2.1 and fabric 2 days updated from GitHub.

If I render the dbj as dropdown, anything works well.

If I render the dbj as auto-complete appears the error you can see (translation: ?Some of theenteredformdata are notcorrect?)

The watch: foreign key in cdd I changed to any possibilities ? it shows always the same error.

The template seems not to be the problem, because the issue I have also in the backend at ?view data? from the list.

Attachments

• rendering_dropdown.jpg
    rendering_dropdown.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 359
  • rendering_autocomplete.jpg
    rendering_autocomplete.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 379
  • dbj_setttings.jpg
    dbj_setttings.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 362
  • cdd_settings1.jpg
    cdd_settings1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 336
  • cdd_settings2.jpg
    cdd_settings2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 360
I can't replicate even with the bootstrap_tabs template.
Do you have a validation? on which element?
The picture with the validation error message doesn't show if there's a city below "please select".
Ajax validation=yes? or did you hit "Save"?

The current Joomla version is 3.2.3 and Fabrik GitHub is for this version (although I don't think this is relevant).

I have no validation or anything else, only simple set up, without many changes.

And there is no city available to select.
This is the case only on dbj rendering as dropdown.

I have this issue since February with all the versions from Joomla and Fabrik in the last months.
I restarted set up the page many times from the beginning, only fresh installed Joomla and the 3 different solutions, I mentioned in my first topic.
I had always the same issue.

So I finished set up nearly the whole page and left the 2 fields zip and city as simple fields until yesterday, where I set up the table zip-cities the first time in this website.

If you like, I can provide you backend login ? I have already set up a test-website for this.

The only thing is, that the names are on German.

I just set up a test with scenario 2 form your first post, with two tables, with the first (in my case "State") element being an autocomplete join, and the second ("Cities") a dropdown CDD. Works fine.

The error msg you are getting indicates that Fabrik thinks you have a validation on one or more elements.

I logged in to your site, but I need to know which form you are testing that 2nd scenario with, where you have a join to a ZIP table, and a CDD to a separate Cities table.

-- hugh

two tables, with the first (in my case "State") element being an autocomplete join, and the second ("Cities") a dropdown CDD

It is the opposite:
Cities is the autocomplete and state the dropdown (maybe it makes a difference).
I set up the tables cities_lu and zip_lu.
I left it without any inner or left joins (but I have already tried anything, with any possible combination of joins).

I unpublished all elements except the 2 dbj and 2 cdd in the form biz_data (Firmendaten), so you have only the 4 fields.
It displays the same error, as in scenario 1.

The error msg you are getting indicates that Fabrik thinks you have a validation on one or more elements.

I tested it several time on a fresh joomla installation on localhost, only with the 2 tables and nothing else.
It displays always the same error.

Where are 4 elements coming from?
I thought you have one dbjoin (autocomplete) + one CDD, dropdown, watching the dbjoin?

BTW: did you try with the standard bootstrap template (no tabs)?

Hugh asked me, to try my second scenario.
So I set up 2 tables - one cities-table (id, cityname) and one zip-table (id, zip, zip-city-id).

So the first 2 fields are dbj and ccd from thr first scenario (1 table - id, zip, city).

The next 2 fields are dbj and ccd from the second scenario.

I tried also the normal bootstrap without tabs.

It is still the same.

I gave in "my sites" the logins - if you need, you can watch the backend.

I found out that the issue appears from version fabric 3.1.
In version 3.1rc2 the autocomplete dbj works fine.

I set up 2 pages with fresh joomla installations:

Page 1: LuxBookNew
Joomla 3.2.2
Fabrik 3.1
Github 01.05.2014

Page 2: LuxBookNew2
Joomla 3.2.1
Fabrik 3.1rc2
Github 24.01.2014

There are only 2 tables (2 fields and one dbj; nothing else was changed).

In the first, if you want to add a record and you type in dbj, the error appears.
In the second, the same procedure works fine.
(Details I wrote in ?notes? at ?my sites?)

So it has to do something, that you have changed from version 3.1rc2 to 3.1.

Please help me, because I have to finish the website.

Attachments

• LuxBookNew.jpg
    LuxBookNew.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 326
  • LuxBookNew2.jpg
    LuxBookNew2.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 293
It's working in the frontend (on the site you gave me), it isn't in backend (you never mentioned the backend)

On my site in backend autocomplete is throwing
plugin manager: did not load C:\xampp\htdocs\j3/plugins/fabrik_/databasejoin/models/databasejoin
in the network response
on your site it's an internal network error (which seems to be "converted" to a validation error).
Hugh/Rob?

Excuse me,
you are absolutely right, it is working on the frontend.
I never tested it in the frontend, because I tried always in backend to insert clients data and, as it did not work there, I supposed, I would not work at all in the frontend.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back