• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Records not showing in list

Glynneth

Hello.

I have created a list with the associated form, but even though the form is creating new users as shown in Joomla!'s 'User Manager', the records are not appearing in Fabrik's list. Can someone help me with this please?

Many thanks.

Can someone help me with this please?
Not without some information.

What are your list settings?
Where is the connection to J! UserManager? (Did you link the Fabrik list to #_users?)

There are no filters or pre-filters on the lists and no joins to effect them. Have bound the data to a Joomla! user account through the 'juser' Plug-in in the lists associated form; is this what you meant by saying: "Did you link the Fabrik list to #_users?" ? All the relevant fields have been correctly set in the 'juser' Plug-in. On the 'Sync' tab, have set buttons to "Yes" for 'Synchronize Users' and 'Sync on edit'. Can't see what else could effect list display in List settings, what do you think?

could you check in phpmyadmin (or a similar database management tool) that there are actual records stored in the database table your list is set to record to?
That would narrow down if its an issue which occurs when the form saves, or when the list is rendered

Hi Rob.

I have checked in phpMyAdmin and it is storing new records in there. Another problem I am having is when I click on the list link to the form, instead of getting the form page I get this error message: "0 - DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (14/09/14) at position 0 (1): Unexpected character". I have checked the date element and seems to be OK with that. What do you think, are they connected?

Thanks.

Can you enable Fabrik debug?
in Fabrik options, Debugging tab set "allow FabrikDebug=yes"
then display your list, append &fabrikdebug=1 to the URL (or ?fabrikdebug=1 if it's the first parameter)
a click on get listData will show the underlying query

Hello. The lists are not displaying records in the back-end Administrator Panel. For some reason, they are displaying fine in the front-end. I did the append and got the following result: append result What do you think? Thanks.

It's clear why no records are displayed (...WHERE 1=-1...) but no idea where this is coming from.
Did you set a list prefilter (list Data/Prefilters)?
Or set a filter to "required" (e.g. an element filter only accessible for admins)?

I didn't set this: (..WHERE 1=-1...), it means nothing to me. No filters are set anywhere on these lists by me as mentioned earlier in thread, I made sure of this already. So my main quiz is why are the same lists displaying fine in the front-end and not in the admin back-end? I see the records only in the front-end list display for some reason.

OK. I have unpublished majority of elements and got the list to display with minimal set of these, so will systematically republish until get to the problem element.

Your screenshot is showing two "element filterValueList_Exact:", so I assume there must be two elements set to filter (and filter access = e.g admins, so they won't be shown to public in frontend).

Found the elements that were causing the problem and have unpublished them; will be adjusting/replacing accordingly. The records now display. Have tried to use the Inline Edit Plugin, but it is displaying edit options in the list (either front or back-end), what do you think? Thanks.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back