• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Request Entity Too Large - Ajax Upload element

focault

HI,
I have a list on two of my sites I am making that have an image upload element using the file upload element in the Ajax mode.
On my local host its been working fine but now I have the sites in place on hosting I am working on the blog and testing it and came across an error in both sites on different hosts.
I have checked the php settings and the images I am trying to upload are well within the max upload limits and also well within the Fabrik element max upload size.
I have also tried to use the upload in chunk option but no matter what I do I keep getting this error.

Request Entity Too Large

The requested resource
/halligans/index.php
does not allow request data with GET requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

hi -
Does the error occur when you upload the image or when you submit the form?
If its when you submit the form is the form set to submit using Ajax?

Hi, The server is Apache not nginx.
I have had the hosting support look at this and they seem to have no clue ;(

See the bit about an htaccess file, which MAY let you override that setting yourself. But I doubt it. Any site that has very restrictive max post / file upload size are usually shared hosts, where they also lock down the config settings so you can't alter them through htaccess directives.

-- hugh

Bottom line, if your host won't fix it, and if the htaccess override doesn't work, your only option is either to switch hosts, or move to a Bigger Better plan with your existing host, that doesn't have those restrictions.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back