bea

Hi,
while I upgrading from F2 to F3.1 I am missing following features:

- selectable icon folder on element for list view
- group css

Cheers,
Bianka

Hi Troester,
many thanks for the information's. That's really sad...
I really need the image folder and would pay for it. A custom template wouldn't work.
Also the individual group css I often used for border and backgrounds.

Cheers,
Bianka

CSS is not so complicated:
In your template folders (in Fabrik3+ there are different ones for form and details) rename custom_css_example.php to custom_css.php and add
#groupX.fabrikGroup {background:...}
(X= group id)

Icon folder:
I've added a pull request to GitHub for a subdirectory option
https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/pull/1298

Reactions: bea
Hi Troester,
many thanks for your additional subdirectory option.
Cheers,
Bianka

Hi Troester,

Imagine the simple but huge power of a simple CSS parameter in list, form, group and element.
This should extend Fabrik in a very professional and costless way and avoid all those "working around".

Is there any reason CSS params are always missing ?

Best regards

I'm no Fabrik developer but AFAIK there was a decision to put the CSS in custom_css.php files.
So CSS is created including record ids etc. which is needed if there are multiple forms/details on one page in content and/or modules.

The group css was removed as its a bad design practice to inline style="...." in the document.
Styling should be handled via classes and a css file. This makes the document smaller and allows for the css to be cached.

Imagine the simple but huge power of a simple CSS parameter in list, form, group and element.
I am of the opinion that styling is part of templating, and as such should be handled within either Joomla's or Fabrik's templates. This allows for a single "source of truth" when it comes to styling a form, - the template's css file. It also allows you to use things like firebug to modify the css and copy and paste the files contents right back into your template's css file.
Also we really try to keep the number of options down as much as possible inside Fabrik's admin pages (it may not look like it because there are already a LOT of options), We do have some layout options for some of the more major switches (e.g. the <table> bootstrap class which I think can be assigned) but to mico manage class/style options would become counter productive. You would end up spending more time looking for the field to edit that you do writing the css. Compound that with the fact you might need to search for an element first, edit it, edit the css save the element, search for another element etc, you can see the process becomes slow and unwieldy very quickly.

Reactions: bea
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back