• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

blank page on edit/view details from list

mariapiadib

Hi everybody,

As in the title, I have some issues with the edit/view options from list.

My form is enough complicated: it has many fields, text areas which allow many characters and some repeating group. The list works well on some records but it shows a blank page, and apparently no error, for some other ones (I used FF and Chrome).

I tried to reduce text in some fields for not-working records and they work.

It seems a problem related to the presence of too much 'information', isn't it?

I checked the PHP memory_limit (it is 128) in system configuration/php information, and also check every element in the table.

How can I solve it?

Searching in the forum I did not retrieve usefull threads.

Thank you in advance to anyone want to help me! :)

The error reporting

Warning: rawurlencode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /www/MW_qXGRcyRnG/familytracingitaly.org/components/com_fabrik/models/element.php on line 2330 Warning: rawurlencode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /www/MW_qXGRcyRnG/familytracingitaly.org/components/com_fabrik/models/element.php on line 2330 Warning: rawurlencode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /www/MW_qXGRcyRnG/familytracingitaly.org/components/com_fabrik/models/element.php on line 2330 Warning: rawurlencode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /www/MW_qXGRcyRnG/familytracingitaly.org/components/com_fabrik/models/element.php on line 2330 Warning: rawurlencode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /www/MW_qXGRcyRnG/familytracingitaly.org/components/com_fabrik/models/element.php on line 2330 Warning: rawurlencode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /www/MW_qXGRcyRnG/familytracingitaly.org/components/com_fabrik/models/element.php on line 2330 Warning: rawurlencode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /www/MW_qXGRcyRnG/familytracingitaly.org/components/com_fabrik/models/element.php on line 2330 Warning: rawurlencode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /www/MW_qXGRcyRnG/familytracingitaly.org/components/com_fabrik/models/element.php on line 2330 Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 336446 bytes) in /www/MW_qXGRcyRnG/familytracingitaly.org/components/com_fabrik/models/elementlist.php on line 925

How can I fix these?

I also found this thread:
fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/problem-with-kunena-3-x/

I installed Kunena 3.0.3. Could the problem also relate to Kunena?

You've been hitting the memory limit
"...Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted..."
You may try to increase it and see if this helps.

Which exact Joomla and Fabrik version are you running?

Thank you for your reply! :)

Joomla is the 2.5.9 version and Fabrik 3.0.? has been just updated via GitHub.

I tried to modify the allowed memory downloading the elementlist.php file but I do not find the line in which is specified. :confused:

Now I am reading that the Fabrik 3.2 is also compatible with Joomla 2.5. Do you suggest me to install this new version?

Thank you again

Memory limit is a server setting, no Fabrik one.
Not sure about the "Warning: rawurlencode() expects parameter 1 to be string". Maybe something is mixed up in your repeated groups (do you have "repeated" elements (e.g. ajax file uploads, multiselect dbjoins...) in your repeated groups?) and causing the memory failure (usually 128MB should be enough).

Latest Joomla2.5 is 2.5.24

I don't suggest to update to Fabrik3.2 on J!2.5 (it's no update but a migration, see http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/upgrading-from-3-0-to-3-1/).
If you want to update/migrate I would go to Joomla3.3.3 + Fabrik3.2.

Thank you, Troester.

In repeated groups there are not elements like 'file uploads' and 'dbjoins', only text area and simple dropdown without dbjoins.

Also according to me it seems an element mixing up. So, I checked all elements and related data but I did not solve. :(

I don't know how to change memory limit, through the hoster? setting something on the server?

I'll consider the migration, but I'd like solve the issue with this version.

Do you count out that it is related to kunena?

The memory_limit is a PHP configuration setting. You may be able to raise it using an ini config setting in an htaccess, but you will probably have to contact your host. Google "php increase memory_limit" for the various ways of going about this. It's not a Fabrik thing, so we can't really tell you how you need to do this on your system - it's depends entireoy on what kind of hosting solution you have.

Usually I would expect 128MB to be enough, but if you have a huge amount of elements, you may need more memory. How many elements do you have on the form?

As for the rawurlencode thing, that line of code is in the function where we build custom detail links. Have you specified any custom links? If so, can you paste the text you are using for the link (you can remove any host names from the links if you want, I suspect any potential problem would be with any {} placeholders you might be using. We'd also need to know what element types they are.

Hi Cheesegrits,

thank you for your kind answer.

So, I googled the PHP memory_limit issue and now I try to solve this. Anyway, I am pretty sure that I mixed up something in the form.

In the form there are 260 elements (splitted in 13 groups, some of these with page break), including 4 repeated groups (e.g. family and staff members)! (sic!) :( Element types are: calc, checkbox, date, display, dropdown, field and textarea.

I did not specify any custom links neither I used placedholders.

For testing which element could be the problem, I removed all groups and then I added them again one by one.

For not-working records (most of these work), I noticed that there is not a defined group which causes the blank page.

e.g.
If I have 6 familiars in one group + 1 staff in another (+ all other elements), it works.
If I have 7 familiars and no staff , it doesn't.
If the problem is the memory limit and '7' is the maximum amount of allowed information, why does the response page change if I insert info inside 'familiars' or 'staff'?

I am freaking out. :mad:

I hope I was clear. I confused even myself!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back