JS error on custom form

meadows

I copied the example custom form and put in my elements and I receive this error in chrome tools console: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'addEvent' of null The form will not submit...I am using Joomla 3.3 and latest stable for fabrik. I use a rockettheme template if that helps. Site is here: http://pilaw.missioncriticalmedia.com/

Quick update: I put the form in protostar to see if it was a template issue but I got the same results.

TIA,
Mark

Are you sure you copied everything?

That form has no form. In other words, it's missing the <form ...> tags. Make sure you included the:

Code:
<form method="post" <?php echo $form->attribs?>>

... from the top of default.php, and the coresponding close tag from the end.

-- hugh

Errm...
There's no example custom form in Fabrik3.1, you can't use Fabrik3.0 templates in Fabrik3.1.

Hmm, ok so I put it back to the default template and just override it using template css. An example template for 3.1 would be nice as I like using templates as I can copy them from site to site easier.

It's a bit difficult to create a "general" example because it depends on your settings (label position, with/without repeated groups, repeated groups display list/table...) which of the default_xxx.php files is used/has to be modified.

But yes, there could be some explanation in the WIKI...

I think the main steps are:
copy the bootstrap template(s) (in 3.1 there are different folder for form and details view, if you want a custom template for form and details you have to do it twice)
edit default_group.php and remove the loop (foreach ($this->elements as $element...), do all the stuff for every single element.
You can simplify some parts (e.g. if ($labels_above...) - you know which one is used in your form) but you must keep the overall structure (error message, rowStarted...)

That is precisely what I did and it looked like it worked but there was that js error...oh well, other way works. Maybe next project I'll jump back into this.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back