• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Need advice on custom search form

tcranford

Ok, I've successfully created a custom search form that redirects and filters a list using the search data. Looks and works great. However, I really would like to keep the search form and list on the same page...so, the route that I've started to go down was to create an article (linked to a menu) that uses fabrik plugins to fill in form and list.
Code:
{fabrik view=form id=2}

{fabrik view=list id=1}

1) How do I create a "Search" button whose action is to use the form contents to update the list below (and stay on the same page)?
2) I've got some complex field validation going on in the form so I think I may have to stay with the form concept. In fact at the end of the day I'll need to do some custom query to populate the list below but one step at a time.
3) Is this the best method to accomplish my goal of search criteria and list on the same page?
4) Any examples or tutorials you could point me to?

Thanks!

troester, thanks for the response!

Currently I'm redirecting from the form to a list tied to a menu. I've setup the form to use a redirect plug-in with a "use as search data" option to pass the search criteria to the list. That works great however I'd like to have the search form (has complex validation) and list to be on the same page. I'm stuck on how to update the list from the form contents AND stay on the same page.

Of the links you passed the filtering with the content plugin looks interesting...how do I rewrite the string in the content article with my new filter criteria?

Kinda new at this. Thanks!!

You can just redirect to the article instead of list menu item.
Set "Module/Content redirect options" to "Same page" (otherwise you will get a popup).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back