• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Error message from form link

Yes, we realize that, and we do our best. We commit to 3 working days response time. Obviousy we try really hard not to make that "3 days between each response" on a thread, but that's the worst case scenario. And if you look at the history of this thread, at least half the responses have been within a day. Which is Pro level service. So it's a case of swings and roundabouts. If we'd taken the full 3 days for each response, this thread wouldn't have gotten this far for a few more days.

I'm sorry that we exceeded the 3 working days once in this thread, the main reason being Ive been playing catchup on a lot of stuff after a month or so out of action after spine surgery. I know that's not your concern, but it is what it is.

Let me know how the full github update goes.

-- hugh

Yes, averaged out so far, is fair enough time response and I take into account all things, including your surgery for which I have empathy. Was just outlining the claim made in the service costing. I think your guidance and explanations are good to-date.

The github update was a success and got the system working thanks. The only problem now is for some reason the front end button link for the update_col element isn't the same as for the admin back end and as a result does nothing. The URL for the admin link that works is: http://pirsquaredtutors.co.uk/administrator/index.php?option=com_fabrik&task=list.view&cid=21#, while the URL for the front end that doesn't work is: http://pirsquaredtutors.co.uk/index.php/en/component/fabrik/list/21#.

What do you think?

Regards

By definition, the front and back end have to have different links, because the J! router works differently for the two. And we have to route the update_col request(s) through the same way, as otherwise you get unpredicatble results, if (say) you are working on the backend logged in as an admin, and are logged in on the front end as a non-admin. If we routed any kind of traffic through the front end from a backend list, it would only have the front end user privs on it.

I just tested update_col on a couple of my servers, and it works OK front and back. So Ill need to see your front end page, for which Ill need a login. If you'd like to fill in yur My Sites (the Fabrik Sites link to the left of any of your posts) I'll take a look.

-- hugh

OK, I have provided front-end login URL and login details in 'Fabrik Sites'. In the 'Tutor Control Panel' you will then need to click on the 'New jobs page' link, showing a list of available jobs. It is the link at the end of each list item titled 'Accept job' which is the non-responsive link in question. Thanks.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back