• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Problem with cache and "Article form plugin"

rha2000

Hello

When I use the "Article form plugin" and update the content is not updated because the joomla cache activated.

I have seen that this issue has tried before and there was no other solution to clean the cache of joomla. Is there any way to solve this problem from Fabrik using joomla 3.3.3.

Thanks

I could solve it with this code:
$cache = &JFactory::getCache ('com_content');
$cache->clean($idArticleInJoomla);

in the event:
onAfterProcess

Yup, it's that second part I was asking about.

I've added that code to the article plugin itself, so we now clean the cache for the article if it is edited. Can you try out the latest code and let me know?

So should be fixed as of this commit:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/c1d8b1902e73b711796e4e9c708bb97c21922f94

... although I did another commit right after, when I noticed the little strict / code standard issues that need fixing.

-- hugh

Hello

I found that really does not update the cache joomla article; only updates the content of the article when I am logged on the frontend (hence my confusion); when I logout the article is restored with the content that had the cache.
You can clean the cache with the following code:
$ cache = & JFactory :: getCache ('com_content');
$ cache-> clean ();
This way it works.

But I ran into another problem, it seems the "article plugin" does not work from the backend. I say this because not call method "saveAritcle".

Any idea what could be the problem?

Thank

Yes, calling this method "saveAritcle"; the problem is "$ cache-> clean ();" seems not clean the cache when used from the backend; may be a permissions problem? My user is inherited MANAGER.

I could access the front-end cahe using the following code:

$conf = JFactory::getConfig();
$options = array(
'defaultgroup'=> '',
'storage'=> $conf->get('cache_handler', ''),
'caching'=> true,
'cachebase'=> JPATH_ROOT . '/cache'
);
$cache = JCache::getInstance('', $options);

If I am logged into the backend also deletes the cache front-end; although I need to do to clean the cache of a single item.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back