Multipage form with a tab group on one page

Parisi

I want to create a multipage form and on page 3 I want to display four buttons, clicking on button one will display tab 1, button two tab two, etc.

How is the best way to do this?

Or should I create four new forms? If so, can you jump to another form from the initial form depending on what the user selects, i.e. the button?

Or can I jump to another page in a multipage form? How to do that?

Are you sure you want a multipage form, in the Fabrik sense? That's a form where yu can only move sequentially through a series of "daisy chained" pages, with validation of each page as you go.

From your description, it sounds more like you want a tabbed form layout?

-- hugh

You can't, really, not in a multipage form. The code is specifically written to go through each page in sequence.

There is an &start_page=X URL query string you can use, but that won't work once the user has started filling out the form, as it gets overridden by the session data. So you can enter a form for the first time on a specific page, but after that, until the session is cleared (times out, log out, or form submitted), you'll be constrained as to which page you can move to.

I think you best bet would be to use the element JS effects, and just show/hide groups with your buttons on page 3.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back