• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Customised submission message is not triggered after redirect

Just one example of an affected form will be enough. You say "on all my forms", but I just picked 3 at random, and none of them had a redirect plugin. So if you can just give me specific details on a form I can test with, that'd be very useful. Like, the form ID / name, and where I can find it on the front end, and any information I may need to get it to submit (for instance, if you have any non-obvious validations, remembering that I only speak English).

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,
thank you for coming back To me. Sorry for that!
Please try with Modulo di Adesione Corso Accademico form. All forms named with "modulo" have a redirect plugins with a customised success message which is not working. They also don't have any non-obvious validation. From the front end you have to be logged in to fill the form.

OK, well that locates it on the back end for me, but as I said ...

and where I can find it on the front end

I just spent about ten minutes trying to locate where it might be, giong through front end menus, looking through your menu structure on the backend, etc ... but I can't find it.

It really helps if you can give us all the information we ask for, as it saves everyone time and trouble, educes the time going backwards and forwards on these threads, and gets your issues resolved quicker!

-- hugh

Sorry for that. Here are the links for the front end
  1. http://www.accademiadicanto.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=332&Itemid=675
  2. http://www.accademiadicanto.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=339&Itemid=674
  3. http://www.accademiadicanto.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=343&Itemid=702
  4. http://www.accademiadicanto.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=342&catid=6&Itemid=698
and the name of the lists involved:
  1. Modulo di adesione corso ordinario
  2. Modulo di adesione corso accademico
  3. Modulo di adesione corso ordinario - rinnovo
  4. Modulo di adesione corso accademico - rinnovo
I also created for you a test user with
username: alex
password: acca2014
Thank you for your help and patience.

I was able to login.
The message is in the page source after saving
Code:
<article class="art-post art-messages" style="display: none;"><div class="art-postcontent clearfix"><div id="system-message-container">
            <div id="system-message">
                            <div class="alert alert-message">
                                        <a data-dismiss="alert" class="close">?</a>

<h4 class="alert-heading">Messaggio</h4>
                        <div>
                                                            <p></p><h3>Grazie asd j! Il tuo numero di registrazione ? 14CA1020 da conservare prima di stampare e da annotare sulla causale del bonifico</h3><p></p>
                                                    </div>
                                    </div>
                    </div>
    </div>
</div></article>
but set to display:none.
The message is shown if I disable JS in my browser.
Which may be your template.
Did you try with Protostar (and disable the other one, clear all Joomla and browser cache to get rid of old JS files...)? In post #3 you said "I'm using protostar template." but this is not the case.

One other point:
After migrating from Fabrik3.0 to 3.1/2 you must edit all your date element and set the new date format (d-m-Y instead of old %d-%m...)
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/upgrading-from-3-0-to-3-1/

Weird, I can get the form to open one time, if I logout, try and hit the URL, login, and it'll open one time. But as soon as I do anything else, I get that blank page.

-- hugh

I was able to login.
The message is in the page source after saving
Code:
<article class="art-post art-messages" style="display: none;"><div class="art-postcontent clearfix"><div id="system-message-container">
            <div id="system-message">
                            <div class="alert alert-message">
                                        <a data-dismiss="alert" class="close">?</a>

<h4 class="alert-heading">Messaggio</h4>
                        <div>
                                                            <p></p><h3>Grazie asd j! Il tuo numero di registrazione ? 14CA1020 da conservare prima di stampare e da annotare sulla causale del bonifico</h3><p></p>
                                                    </div>
                                    </div>
                    </div>
    </div>
</div></article>
but set to display:none.
The message is shown if I disable JS in my browser.
Which may be your template.
Did you try with Protostar (and disable the other one, clear all Joomla and browser cache to get rid of old JS files...)? In post #3 you said "I'm using protostar template." but this is not the case.

One other point:
After migrating from Fabrik3.0 to 3.1/2 you must edit all your date element and set the new date format (d-m-Y instead of old %d-%m...)
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/upgrading-from-3-0-to-3-1/

Yes, I'm using protostar for the form, but where the message should display is on a redirect page that belongs to the website template. I thought it should not be an issue as it was working perfectly before. The users needs to record the reference given on this success message to pay their subscription.
So I will try to affect the protostar template to the redirect page as well and report the outcome.

Thank you for the solution about the date format. It was my second issue.

Very good news :):)
I assigned the protostar template to the redirect page and the success message now display. It will do for now... Thank you very very much for your help.​

As Troester said, this is almost certainly something to do with the Javascript on that other template.

If you really need to use that template, we can probably work out why it is applying 'display: none' to the message box, but if you are happy with Protostar ...

Just let us know. If you do need us to look at it, you'll need to enable debug mode in Joomla, so that your template loads the uncompressed versions of it's Javascript.

-- hugh'

I think it's a template bug (or maybe a setting?) because the system message is missing also if you e.g. are trying to log in with wrong creditals.

I think it's a template bug (or maybe a setting?) because the system message is missing also if you e.g. are trying to log in with wrong creditals.

Yes I think too now that the template may be did not support the migration from joomla 2.5.4 to 3.3.3. I will upload a new version of this template and let you know the outcome. Thank you very much for your help.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back