Failed to parse string error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting the following error when opening 'CRM' fabrik list. Upgraded Joomla to 3.3.4. Other than that, no structural changes on my end.

DateTime::__construct() [<a href='datetime.--construct'>datetime.--construct</a>]: Failed to parse time string (09-23-2014 00:00:00) at position 0 (0): Unexpected character

I have two fabrik lists linked to the same table: 'CRM' and 'CRM Full.' 'CRM Full' is a copy of 'CRM'. 'CRM Full' is working fine.

It looks as though this gets triggered after I try to run an export using a date range filter from 'CRM Full'. The export does not load and then when I try to open 'CRM', I get the error. After some time, 'CRM' loads fine. I am able to recreate the problem after that by running the date range filter and then trying to export it.

Can you test something for me, and set that date to use standard MySQL format for list display, so it's Y-m-d. See if that works.

This is one of those real pigs to work on, as it involves three of the hardest bits of Fabrik to work on in conjunction with each other (date formatting, filtering, and CSV import/export). So let's start with a baby step and establish that it works if the original format is what J! expects when creating a date.

The worst part of it is that we can't even guard against this, because of the way J! does date handling. We have no opportunity to "catch" an error, to prevent that fatal exception that get's thrown. We tried several ways, but each has it's own problems.

-- hugh

OK. If you can live with that workaround, I'd be a very happy man. If you absolutely need your custom date format ... ::sigh:: ... I'd have a swing at it, but tbh I'm not sure I'd be able to fix it. It's one of those issues which I keep thinking we've fixed, but then it'll rear it's ugly head in a slightly different scenario.

-- hugh

We will live with it. I don't want to get into a scenario where future updates could recreate the problem. It is a small workaround given the complexity of the fix. Thanks for your quick response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back