Dropdown selection to NULL and empty field and label

billvv

We have a list where we are keeping track of volunteer jobs. So we have a list of people who are potential volunteers, and we have an Element called 'Event Committee' with dropdown values of 'Chair' and 'Member'. How do we reset the field back to a true 'Null' when a Member so that a search for field 'is not empty' will return a list of the Chair and Members of that committee?

I changed the type to checklist to avoid this problem. I only want one selection possible and that's not going to happen, but hopefully the logic of the situation will prevent users from checking two items.

I changed the type to checklist to avoid this problem. I only want one selection possible and that's not going to happen, but hopefully the logic of the situation will prevent users from checking two items.
Why not stick with the dropdown and include the 'Please Select' option set to a value of zero as the default - and the others a value of 1 and 2. Then check for the value being zero in your validation.

Or if you want something a little more graphical, you can use a radiobutton (with 'Button group' set to Yes) with the two options - e.g. one with a label 'Chair' and the other 'Member', but set neither as a default - and the NotEmpty validation should work.

I'll try the radio button with Button Group set to 'yes'. For the dropdown, roles will change and I don't want the search results to show every non-assigned user role as 'Please Select' after their role has changed.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back