• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

user group and user block fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martooti

Hi,
I would like to make it possible for some groups of user to activate users and choose their groups from front end. To reach it I add custom fields to users list - yes/no field which I connected with block user field in juser plugin and group field that I connected with group field in juser plugin. Unfortunately it seems like it doesn't work. Block user field even if during registration I choose don't block user, in the back end user is still blocked. Moreover I am unable to inline edit any of user fields. The pop up add window shows up, I change the data, save it, but data on the list doesn't update.
I connected User Id field with internalid field and I change settings on sync tab for delete users, synchronise users, sync on edit to yes.

OK, as this isn't the J! users table, you shouldn't point the "Juser ID" field at the internalid (PK) of your table. You'll need a separate 'user' element for that.

So try creating a user element, set the User ID field to point to it, and see if that helps.

-- hugh

I tried it with other form and I got an error when try to add new internalid field: "alter structure: Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key SQL=ALTER TABLE `rm_memberuser` ADD COLUMN `User_ID` INT(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT AFTER `fuel_diesel`" ....
Any suggestions how to fix that?

You can't have 2 interalIDs (=Primary keys) in one list/DB table.
InternalID is (as the name says) for internal Fabrik use, it's (usually) autoincrement and the unique reference for any record created.

If you have an extra Fabrik list holding all user information (including the elements needed for the JUser plugin) and not joining to #_users table:
You need an element to store the userId of the Joomla user (which is created by Joomla), this can't be the internalID.

Use a field element (you may set it to integer) or use a dbjoin element pointing to the Joomla #_users table (value = id [recommended]; this has the advandtage that you can select username or whatever as label for display)

Thank you so much. It helps me a lot.
I think it should be added to help files or wiki informations :)
And also that it cannot be inlineedit if there is juser plugin in the form.
And for everyone with problem with group field I would like to add that there is a user element that you should choose if you want to edit joomla user groups. This element on the page bottom in options tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back